Press unit seeks guidance from The Russian News Agency TASS

geovalin

The government’s Press and Quick Reaction Unit has sought the services of Russia’s government-owned news agency to help prevent a “colour revolution”, spokesperson Tith Sothea confirmed yesterday.

The Russian News Agency, better known as TASS, is an integral part of President Vladimir Putin’s propaganda machine and has repeatedly been accused of fabricating reports, especially about the conflicts in Ukraine and Syria.

Svau Sitha, head of the Press and Quick Reaction Unit (PQRU), proposed TASS provide training on news writing skills in a meeting with TASS general director Sergey Mikhaylov on Friday. The reason, according to a statement published on the PQRU website, was because “Russia has many years of experience of successfully preventing colour revolution and in that the press has played an important role in maintaining social stability”.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/press-unit-seeks-guidance-russian-state-media

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 01/11

1 hour ago, bobmac10 said:

Well if we needed any more evidence as to which direction Thailand is heading under this Junta, here it is.

Propaganda and lies straight from the government to the people.

This would have been a good post, apart from the fact they are talking about Cambodia, not Thailand.

5 hours ago, bobmac10 said:

Well if we needed any more evidence as to which direction Thailand is heading under this Junta, here it is.

Propaganda and lies straight from the government to the people.

I think they are talking about Cambodia but I am sure the Head Honcho's here are paying attention. Its hard to determine if TASS'S approach is the velvet glove or the iron fist approach. I guess you could put an iron fist inside of a velvet glove.