Air Asia Bangkok To Kuala Lumpur

TBWG

Hi

Looking at the Air Asia website it appears that they fly to an airport other than KL international.

Does anyone know where KL LCCT is in relation to KL and Sepang motorracing circuit? :o

TBWG :D

Edited by TBWG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where KL LCCT is in relation to KL and Sepang motorracing circuit? :o

The new Low Cost Carriers Terminal at KLIA is a separate terminal from the main terminal buildings. It is the same airport but the two terminals are located rather far from each other. There are low cost buses that run from the LCCT to KL Sentral (train station) and vice-versa for RM 9 (Skybus) and RM 8 (Aerobus). The buses run every half-hour and take approximately 75 minutes for the journey.

The new Low Cost Carriers Terminal at KLIA is a separate terminal from the main terminal buildings. It is the same airport but the two terminals are located rather far from each other. There are low cost buses that run from the LCCT to KL Sentral (train station) and vice-versa for RM 9 (Skybus) and RM 8 (Aerobus). The buses run every half-hour and take approximately 75 minutes for the journey.

Thanks ovenman just what I needed to know :D

Hi

Looking at the Air Asia website it appears that they fly to an airport other than KL international.

http://www.airasia.com/storage/bo/aaportal...cctlocation.gif

This map should give you a good idea of the geographical relationships. Transportation from the airport to Sepang Motor racing should be very easy to find

Can we use RM 9 (Skybus) and RM 8 (Aerobus) without booking before?

When I booked the airasia airticket, I forgot register usename and password,

so I cannot book the bus?

If so, can I use bothe bus without booking?

Can I use aerobus even I am airasia user?

What company is the aerobus?

Can we use RM 9 (Skybus) and RM 8 (Aerobus) without booking before?

Yes. AirAsia even sells tickets for Skybus in-flight, but this does not give one a reservation for a particular bus departure. It just saves the hassle of having to buy a bus ticket in the terminal prior to boarding the bus.

Can I use aerobus even I am airasia user?

Sure, no problem.

What company is the aerobus?

Just a different bus operator, one that does not seem to have a marketing tie-up with AirAsia.

Thank you ovenman,

usually those bus are not full?

if the buses are full, how can I go to chinatown?

Are there any usuful transportation alse?

Each company runs buses every half-hour. You shouldn't have a problem getting on one bus or the other. There are also buses that run to the main terminal at KLIA, from where you could take any number of options to town including the KLIA Ekspres train, but realize that the LCC-T and the main terminal are far apart and will take some time to transit between the two terminals.

usually those bus are not full?

if the buses are full, how can I go to chinatown?

Are there any usuful transportation alse?

If the bus is full, you'll be asked to wait for the next. Usually the next 15 minutes.

You can also take taxi to town.

To go to Chinatown, if you taking the SkyBus, it will stopped at KL Sentral. Then you can take Rapid KL train to "Pasar Seni" Station or you can also take "Rapid KL" for RM2.00 (a day trip ticket). I don't remember the Bus No. but you can always check with the bus driver hanging around that area.

Good luck!!

Edited by Rumourz

Then you can take Rapid KL train to "Pasar Seni" Station or you can also take "Rapid KL" for RM2.00 (a day trip ticket). I don't remember the Bus No. but you can always check with the bus driver hanging around that area.

rapidKL bus number 110 from KL Sentral to Medan Pasar. Nice buses and a steal at RM 2 for a day pass. :o

SkyBus doesnt go to chinatown?

so must I transfer monorail from central station?

Skybus and Aerobus both go to KL Sentral (railway station). No other stops. From there, your options to Chinatown are:

LRT to Pasar Seni. To reach the LRT, go up the escalator from the bus stand into the train station and follow the signs.

Monorail to Maharajalela. To reach the Monorail station, you need to actually cross Jalan Tun Sambanthan (the big street in front of KL Sentral).

rapidKL bus 110 towards Medan Pasar. The bus is arguably the easiest. The rapidKL buses depart exactly from where the buses from the airport arrive.

What name is the bus station on map near Grand central ?

http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/maps/index.html

Directly across the street from the Pan Pacific hotel is a big shopping mall (The Mall). The Putra bus station is nearby, but not quite where drawn on the online map that you linked. This is a major bus station, servicing routes north and east of KL. You don't really want to go there.

Can I go there by bus No110 from central train station?

No, the 110 does not travel that far north. The rapidKL 109 bus does run to that area from KL Sentral. Here is good information on the mass transit systems in KL.

You can reach that area from KL Sentral by taking two LRT trains: Take a train on the Kelana Jaya line towards Terminal Putra and transfer to the Ampang/Sri Petaling line at the Masjid Jamek station going towards Sentul Timur. Alight at PWTC station (Putra World Trade Center).

You may want to consider taking a taxi from the train station to yout hotel on your initial journey, until you get a better feel for where everything is.

You may want to consider taking a taxi from the train station to yout hotel on your initial journey, until you get a better feel for where everything is.

Yeah.. Ovenman is right. I'd suggest that it is better for you to take a taxi from KL Sentral to your hotel because there is no train going to your hotel directly. You have to be familiar in order to travel by train in this case. Not very "user friendly" :o

I ever used taxi in bangkok.

the meter was indicating 75B, but I didnt have small money, so

I gave him 500B note,

at that time he suddenly down the meter to clear indicating price, then said

cleared already, and didnt give back to me the change 425B,

from that time, I never used taxi in south asian country.

So I must use train or bus.

I ever used taxi in bangkok.

the meter was indicating 75B, but I didnt have small money, so

I gave him 500B note,

at that time he suddenly down the meter to clear indicating price, then said

cleared already, and didnt give back to me the change 425B,

from that time, I never used taxi in south asian country.

So I must use train or bus.

If you arrive from the airport by bus, go up the stairs and head straight up the escalator. Turn right and you will see a counter just at the corner of the entrance on your right. Pay your cab fare there. If you can't find it, ask the fellows manning the info counter.