Air Asia Bangkok To Kuala Lumpur

TBWG

The same goes at the airport. Should you want to take a taxi, go to the Taxi stand (look for it or ask, people are friendly and speak perfect english) and tell them where you are going. You then pay in advance and then hand the pay slip to the taxi driver.

I am not sure taxi drivers in KL will stiff you of your change, but, if you are in a touristy spot, they will flat out refuse to put on the meter and will quote you a flat rate. The kicker is, they are very friendly about it.

If you need to get on a bus, they have the places they drive to written on the bus. When in doubt ask the bus driver.

If you are in the train station, you can also ask a sky train ticket person how to get to where you are going. They are very informative (but not very friendly). The trains are not interchangeable (correct me if I am wrong) and you may have to exit one station to get to another train.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trains are not interchangeable (correct me if I am wrong) and you may have to exit one station to get to another train.

Correct. Each train line cater to different areas. There's three lines namely the monorail, Putra and Star. There's a simple map available at KL Sentral.

There's three lines namely the monorail, Putra and Star.

Four lines: don't forget the KTM Komuter trains. :o

Also: they appear to be phasing out the Putra and Star names in favour of Kelana Jaya and Ampang/Sri Petaling respectively.

ovenman,why are you so familiar with KL?

Are you malysian?

Which hotel do you usually use?

The OvenMan pays attention when he travels. :o

Actually, I was just in KL last week, used the Skybus from the LCC-T to town and all of this is fresh in my mind. In KL, I like to stay at the Radius International which is in a very convenient location just off Jalan Bukit Bintang.

ovenman,why are you so familiar with KL?

Are you malysian?

Which hotel do you usually use?

The OvenMan pays attention when he travels. :o

Actually, I was just in KL last week, used the Skybus from the LCC-T to town and all of this is fresh in my mind. In KL, I like to stay at the Radius International which is in a very convenient location just off Jalan Bukit Bintang.

I'm thinking of travelling to KL soon; could you tell me how to get to the hotel on your link? I'm not sure which mode of transportation I'll be taking so perhaps a rundown of all available means would be best.

Thank you.

Did you book the hotel at aiaasia site?

IS the transaction of drowing money from credit card is done by aiaasia?

or directly by hotel?

If by hotel directry, is that safety?

I've never booked a hotel room through AirAsia. Their hotel prices have never struck me as being anything all that special although I'm sure you could find some deals to show me. I prefer not to use prepaid hotels either when I can avoid them. As far as traveling to Malaysia goes, it seems like I often do just as well booking direct with a hotel as I do booking through an agency (unlike Thailand), so I tend to book rooms direct.

I'm thinking of travelling to KL soon; could you tell me how to get to the hotel on your link?

I hear that it's a nice walk from Sri Racha. :o

Is that a left or right I take at the 7-11?

I believe that you stay straight when you see the 7-Eleven. If you put off your trip long enough, maybe you'll catch a break and one of the visa-run companies will sponsor a trip. I've heard that there are some nice places to stop for ice coffee and ice tea en route. :D

Ovenman likes to speak in third person. Too cute.

But when you book direct they do not offer you deals or do they? I found some hotels (in KL) to offer rooms at half price when booked via the internet.

Lindaz if I am not mistaken you can get flight+hotel specials via air asia. Never tried it as you need to book 7 days in advance and I am a last minute planner. However someone once mentioned this website for hotel reservations : Latestays.com

You do not need the usuall 24-48 hours for them to confirm the reservation. However you can only book 2 days in advance and not for the day of.

But when you book direct they do not offer you deals or do they?

It really varies from hotel to hotel.

I found some hotels (in KL) to offer rooms at half price when booked via the internet.

When you say via the internet, do you mean through an agency or through the hotel's website?

Ovenman: via an agency with an internet website. Like expedia.com.

only the website was called latestays.com. I could not get the day I wanted so I called the hotel direct who informed me they had availability but the quoted price was twice that of the internet.

Lindaz: I do not think there are any hotel booking agents or hotel help whatever at LCCT airport. Hotel information might be available at the main airport terminal, but not where you will be flying into.

If you are looking for a hotel that is cheap then the Swiss hotel is only about 1000 baht a night, is in China town, walking distance to Pasar Seni and the main bus terminal station. About a 15 minute walk to Times Square and has a mini fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, TV, and an internet room. Not too bad for the price.

There are of course nicer looking (at least from the outside) hotels near times square and also close to the mono rail.

Which hotel have bathtub costed under 100RM?

You may have stumped our resident panel of experts with these bathtub questions. :o

Under 100 ringgit is starting to be on the low end for KL accommodations though, so you may not find much in the way of amenities for that price.

Does anyone know if there is any transport from LCC-T [KL] going south,or east, eg Port Dickson, Melaka, Seremban ?. thanks

I didn't get the impression that there was any scheduled service from the LCC-T, but I wouldn't swear to it. I did see that there is a bus that runs to Nilai, from where you could take a KTM Komuter train to Seremban.

Of course, there are always taxis...

• 4 weeks later...
Are there any other transportation methods from airasia airport to KLcentral?

As the bus trip is 75mins so long.

as ovenman has mentioned, why not take a cab??? i seriously think its worth it. might cost you at most 600baht tops. The price is agreed at the terminal itself so you do not risk being ripped off.

also hotels with bathtub for below RM100 is a bit too much to ask. hotel prices have gone up steeply past couple of years in malaysia.

seriously paying RM165 is not a lot in KL for the location and amenities. Try getting something in bkk for RM165.

oh and i just checked the link ovenman gave for Radius Hotel, they having promotion internet rate at RM145++ per night.

Edited by tigerbeer

Do you have any idea how far the airport is from downtown KL? 75 minutes is not unreasonable for that run. The hi-speed KL Ekspres train from the main terminal at the airport cuts that time in half, but the main terminal is located 20 km from the LCC terminal. Any time saved by taking the train will be offset by a terminal-to-terminal transfer.

So I must use skybus to KLcentral.

If its difficult to catch train or bus, can I go to chinatown on foot?

I see the map of KL and it seems to be 1500m from KLcentral to pasar seri station.

Maybe I will stay at chinatown, then can I ask you something about shopping there?

Can I buy fruit in chinatown? Are there shopping center to sell watermelon?

Do you have any idea how far the airport is from downtown KL? 75 minutes is not unreasonable for that run. The hi-speed KL Ekspres train from the main terminal at the airport cuts that time in half, but the main terminal is located 20 km from the LCC terminal. Any time saved by taking the train will be offset by a terminal-to-terminal transfer.

After the train leaves the LCC terminal, are there any stops along the way with 7-11's? :o

No, wait... rereading the above the train doesn't leave from the LCC terminal, so then between the LCC terminal and the main terminal, are there any 7-11's?

If there are 7-11's along the way, do they sell mangoes?

If they don't, do they sell bathtub drain stoppers? The last time I stayed at a hotel in KL, they had a bathtub, but no bathtub drain stoppers. :D

Edited by sriracha john