Prolapsed Disc In Neck - Advice?

1Lucky

I have been suffering from pain in my neck for the past 6 weeks. It started in my lower back originally and moved up into my neck. I've spent over GBP500 at BNH hospital and Samitivej on physio, doctors (orthopaedic experts), painkillers, muscle relaxants and the rest. I've also tried a chiropractor but I found it a bit rough for what I have. According to the doctors it is a prolapsed (slightly squashed disc in my neck) - whether they are right or not I don't know. The problem is it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Anyone have any advice/suggestions/similar experience?

cheers

Lucky

if it originally started from your lower back than there is something else going on (on top of the prolapsed neck disc).

whatever it is - try cranio-sacral therapy. A very gentle technique related to cranial ostheopathy.

failing that - why not thai or indonesian massage with a good therapist (don't allow them to press hard around your neck or stretch it too much - give them feedback how you feel all the time)?. If you need a good therapist than my wife is in Bangkok now for the next few weeks, on Thonburi side of the river, she has over 10 years experience as a therapist and a teacher of massage.

Edited by londonthai

I have been suffering from pain in my neck for the past 6 weeks. It started in my lower back originally and moved up into my neck. I've spent over GBP500 at BNH hospital and Samitivej on physio, doctors (orthopaedic experts), painkillers, muscle relaxants and the rest. I've also tried a chiropractor but I found it a bit rough for what I have. According to the doctors it is a prolapsed (slightly squashed disc in my neck) - whether they are right or not I don't know. The problem is it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Anyone have any advice/suggestions/similar experience?

cheers

Lucky

are you getting any other symptoms?? i.e pain in shoulders and arms or loss of feeling in hands and fingers,have you had a MRI Scan??,sometimes surgically administered cortisone injections into the disc help,but are rather painful and quite uncomfortable, I had this problem with 3 discs in my neck five years ago, the discs were removed and the vertebrae concerned were fused with a titanium cage, but really do suggest you get it sorted some way because the pain only gets worse, :o Nignoy

only symptoms are really draining pain in the neck around the disc and my neck muscles get very tired and stiff quickly, otherwise fine.

Thanks for advice so far and any more. Nignoy - certainly would like to avoid how yours progressed I hope its not still very painful.

Lucky