Non-O Visa Based On Dependent Child

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experience lately on obtaining a 1 year multiple non-O based on having a child in Thailand as any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on a non-b extension that gets stamped every 90 days and renewed each year, my name is on my 7  year old daughters birth certificate, separated from her mother but my daughter lives with me and i do have copies of tabien baan and mothers ID card.

What would the best and easiest option for me to apply,  will I need anything from mothers side apart from the copies of ID and house book that i already have, what is the best embassy to go to if i need to leave the country etc.?

Cheers 

Were you married to you child's mother or have you legitimized your parenthood at an Amphoe or through the courts?

If yes then you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of income.

You can get a single entry non-o visa at nearby embassy and consulates with just your name on the birth certificate with no financial proof being needed. You can also get 60 day extension at immigration to visit your child for any type of entry. You can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Penang with financial proof.

To apply for a visa or 60 day extension you will only need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Were you married to you child's mother or have you legitimized your parenthood at an Amphoe or through the courts?

If yes then you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of income.

You can get a single entry non-o visa at nearby embassy and consulates with just your name on the birth certificate with no financial proof being needed. You can also get 60 day extension at immigration to visit your child for any type of entry. You can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Penang with financial proof.

To apply for a visa or 60 day extension you will only need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

Cheers Joe!

No we were never married and never had my daughter registered so i know i'm not the "legal" father etc. 

But what you said about Penang that i can get a multiple entry with financial proof and birth certificate only, I assume this would mean that if i can't get an extension of stay due to lack of marriage/registration i can head down to Penang every 12-15 months for a 1 year multiple NON-O?

Cheers  

1 hour ago, tonymontana32 said:

But what you said about Penang that i can get a multiple entry with financial proof and birth certificate only, I assume this would mean that if i can't get an extension of stay due to lack of marriage/registration i can head down to Penang every 12-15 months for a 1 year multiple NON-O?

You can the multiple entry non-o visa without being the legal father of your child.

To get the one year extension you would have legitimize your parenthood. Info about it is in this topic.

• Like 1

If he is already on a Non B, can't he just switch when time is due inside Thailand? Why would he need to go outside to an Embassy or Consulate? The girl is 7rs old, so a trip to the Amphur should be open to do and easy. I have taken both my children and have gotten the dad approval stamped doc this way.

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

If he is already on a Non B, can't he just switch when time is due inside Thailand? Why would he need to go outside to an Embassy or Consulate? The girl is 7rs old, so a trip to the Amphur should be open to do and easy. I have taken both my children and have gotten the dad approval stamped doc this way.

Thanks for your reply. did you go to the Amphur only with children and without the mother? I've been told i would need to register her at the Amphur with mother and daughter together, if i can do with only my daughter it would be much easier and then i can get an extension within Thailand as that's the only issue i have with regards to legitimizing my daughter, 

Thanks

First one with my son was with the mom when my son was 4 yrs old. Son is 16 now. Don't ask me why but it was allowed back then because he could speak, answer and write his name. Second time the mom was working at her business so only went with my daughter. This was only about 9 months ago as never bothered to do it and the daughter wanted to be equal as the brother. She is 14 now. FYI. We are not married. After 18 yrs gonna do it soon. Anyway, go try with your daughter and take the mom's id, blue book, and birth certificate. All need to be signed by her. They will interview your little girl by herself and she may be asked your name and point to you as her dad. Best to take her in the school outfit and then after take her to school as that looks as you are ion control as you really are.. Good luck. For me was easy.

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

First one with my son was with the mom when my son was 4 yrs old. Son is 16 now. Don't ask me why but it was allowed back then because he could speak, answer and write his name. Second time the mom was working at her business so only went with my daughter. This was only about 9 months ago as never bothered to do it and the daughter wanted to be equal as the brother. She is 14 now. FYI. We are not married. After 18 yrs gonna do it soon. Anyway, go try with your daughter and take the mom's id, blue book, and birth certificate. All need to be signed by her. They will interview your little girl by herself and she may be asked your name and point to you as her dad. Best to take her in the school outfit and then after take her to school as that looks as you are ion control as you really are.. Good luck. For me was easy.

Thanks much appreciated, one last question regarding which Amphur, do i need to register her where she was born, where the adress is on house book or any Amphur will do?

cheers 

I did hers in the city where she was born, not the city for where the blue book is registered. Although the city is 2 hours away driving in the same province. Go try, all you have to lose is wasted time if in the end you need to go to the other. Sometimes at these places it is necessary to speak Thai to understand what is going on. Good luck.

• Like 1