One dead, twenty injured in Surat Thani-Phuket bus crash

rooster59

One dead, twenty injured in Surat Thani-Phuket bus crash

Eakkapop Thongtub

1478257610_1-org.jpg

The driver of the bus, Mr Pramuan Mandee, 39, said he lost control of the bus due to bad weather conditions. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: At least one person has died and over 20 injured when a Surat-Phuket bus missed a bend and flipped on Phetkasem Rd in front of Thai Muang Hospital in Phang Nga this afternoon.

Capt Chalermsak Aksornpein of the Thai Muang Police was notified of an accident at 1pm today where it was reported that a bus bound for Phuket had crashed and landed in a ditch on Phetkasem Rd in Baan Thasaw, Phang Nga about 100 metres before Thai Mueang Hospital.

Upon arrival at the scene rescue workers and police found a wreckage blue and white Surat Thani-Phuket bus lying on its side in a ditch.

The bus driver, Mr Pramuan Mandee, 39, from Nakorn Srit Tammarat and a large numbers of passengers, who had only suffered minor injuries, were standing at the roadside. Police were told three people were still trapped inside the wreckage.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/one-dead-twenty-injured-in-surat-thani-phuket-bus-crash-59739.php#y3WL0BFuRZP9uxoR.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-05

That naughty weather strikes again. Jail it, I say JAIL IT!!! On the plus side it was only 100m from the hospital.

I had a conversation once about how I started to skid in the rain. The professional driver's comment was 'you were driving too fast for the conditions'.

'No' I replied 'I was only doing about 20kph'.

'No' HE replied 'you were driving too fast for the conditions' he was absolutely right.

Some people also seem to think- 'quieter road, less traffic so i can go faster'- beggars belief. 

Edited by Psimbo

And the driver stood on the side of the road in wonder, or concocting his ridiculous excuse instead of at least attempting to get to the those trapped inside to render some sort of assistance. Not saying he needed to have ready the "jaws of life". Just saying.

Possibly or most likely these drivers have no training in first aid or emergency management. Much less driving.

Unfortunately until there is actual responsibility and accountability taken and punishment doled out to fit the laws broken................things will never change.

So so sad and preventable.

32 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

lost control due to bad weather conditions  again  same excuse every time.  As for me I wouldn't  use a bus of any size , minibus  regular bus or worse of all a VIP bus in perfect weather.

This is a genuine question:  are there statistics to indicate that using a VIP bus is the worst possible mode of bus transportation????

These busses are way under powered . They think they are saving money by using a small engine.  They are grabbing gears at the smallest of hills. However the biggest problem is ,as it takes them a while to get up to speed  they are very reluctant to slow down and that's the real problem.

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

lost control due to bad weather conditions  again  same excuse every time.  As for me I wouldn't  use a bus of any size , minibus  regular bus or worse of all a VIP bus in perfect weather.

Strange term that, isn't it - VIP bus. VIPs never take the bus.

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Yes you quote all of the above and the odds are still against you. Do they have amulet salespeople at the bus stations? 

1 hour ago, The Old Bull said:

These busses are way under powered . They think they are saving money by using a small engine.  They are grabbing gears at the smallest of hills. However the biggest problem is ,as it takes them a while to get up to speed  they are very reluctant to slow down and that's the real problem.

I think your giving me the gears. 

1 hour ago, blazes said:

This is a genuine question:  are there statistics to indicate that using a VIP bus is the worst possible mode of bus transportation????

Difficult to say , there are probably 10 minibuses to every VIP bus and they run out of road every day nearly . The VIP is the diver of course.

..........  he lost control of the bus due to bad weather conditions ..............

No. He lost control of the bus because he doesn't know how to drive with due care and caution. This man is a complete and utter imbecile who shouldn't be in charge of a kiddies tricycle.