best quality FRAGRANT rice avaliable?

cnxvegan

Hi all, i spent 3 months in chiang mai this year, tried a few different rices, but i never found any that were truely fragrant/tasty as i can sometimes get back in australia (this is probably just down to brand or something?)

i wonder if anyone knows any brand that are truely fragrant/aromatic (and not just tasteless like most rice)

i will be back there next may, so i am asking in advance!!

thanks

What you liked in Oz was likely made to taste by adding something.  Thai can also do this.  Normal Jasmine rice is considered fragrant rice here but you would not likely be getting that at normal stalls.  The better rice normally sells at 200 baht or more per 5kg bag.    This is our current choice.  Benjarong Rice 100% Jasmine Rice

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

It's possible, but the times i have had the aroma/taste i am speaking of, the rice also had a far superior texture too, and it isn't consistently like that in the cheap brand i buy

(IE, one bag might have that great flavor, but the next will be bland), either way i see all over the place, people saying that high quality rice has a distinct strong aroma, and most rice has none whatsoever

when i was in thailand, the main rice i was buying was 300 baht for a 5kg bag of organic rice

does the benjarong stuff have an aroma/taste to it?