Non O (Child Dependants 1 Year)

Hello All,

I am sure this has been asked before but after searching for a while l failed to find the information I require.

I recently went to Laos and now have a non O visa (this is my first non O).

I am looking to acquire a 1 year non O (child dependants).

I have been told l have 90 days but need to apply 2/3 weeks before the 90 days is up.

Can anyone confirm the cost of the visa l require, some have said 1900 baht and others 20,000 baht.

Would like just clarification on costs please.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I assume you are asking about getting a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Are you the legal father your children by way of marriage to their mother or by legitimizing your parenthood at an Amphoe or through a court?

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

The fee for all extensions of stay is 1900 baht.

You want to apply for an 'extension of stay' (not a Visa) from your local Immigration office based on being the parent of a Thai dependant child.

I assume you are not married to the mother as you only obtained a 90 day Non Imm O Visa from Lao.

You must therefore be legitimised as the legal father of the child.

<link to misleading info on a commercial website removed>

Edited by ubonjoe

28 minutes ago, dentonian said:

You want to apply for an 'extension of stay' (not a Visa) from your local Immigration office based on being the parent of a Thai dependant child.

I assume you are not married to the mother as you only obtained a 90 day Non Imm O Visa from Lao.

You must therefore be legitimised as the legal father of the child.

<link to misleading info on a commercial website removed>

This ongoing topic is the best one for info.

Thanks so much for the information.

Yes correct not married but have a 1 year 3 month old son.

I have birth certificate and was registered at local amphore, so is that sufficient?

Please can you confirm above and confirm all documents I need and when I need to go to immigration office.

Really appreciate your help.

6 minutes ago, IanCW said:

I have birth certificate and was registered at local amphore, so is that sufficient?

Your name on the birth certificate does no make you the legal father of your child. You will have to legitimize your parent hood through a Thai court or marry your child's mother. You cannot apply for the one year extension until you do it.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child. You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

You could apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at Penang if you can show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income without doing the legitimization.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your name on the birth certificate does no make you the legal father of your child. You will have to legitimize your parent hood through a Thai court or marry your child's mother. You cannot apply for the one year extension until you do it.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child. You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

You could apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at Penang if you can show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income without doing the legitimization.

Can he still do non-o multiple at Savannakhet, Laos if he brings the entire family (gf + kid, de facto marriage)?

18 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Can he still do non-o multiple at Savannakhet, Laos if he brings the entire family (gf + kid, de facto marriage)?

They will no longer do them. There have been people that went there and were denied the multiple entry visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanCW said:

Thanks so much for the information.

Yes correct not married but have a 1 year 3 month old son.

Please can you confirm above and confirm all documents I need and when I need to go to immigration office.

Really appreciate your help.

What is you relationship with the Mother?

Being named on the birth certificate alone is not proof of being the legitimate Father.

You have to petition the Court to become the legalised Father. If your girlfriend doesn't consent to the legalisation then it's a drawn out affair requiring DNA evidence.

If she agrees, it's a fairly straightforward process to get a Court Order naming you as the legitimate Father of the child.

Outside of marriage, Immigration will request that Court Order as proof.

5 minutes ago, IanCW said:

I am still with the mother and happy. How do l go about getting myself named as the father of my child?

Info can be found in this topic on the Family and Children forum that I posted earlier. If you have questions about it that is where you should post them.

Hello

I have 2 children who have my surname on their birth certificates

I was married when they were born but am now divorced

Does this mean I have legitmised them and am the legal father or do I need to go through the court process?

I am about to apply for a 1 year extension based on my children

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, jobounce said:

Hello

have 2 children who have my surname on their birth certificates

was married when they were born but am now divorced

Does this mean I have legitmised them and am the legal father or do I need to go through the court process?

I am about to apply for a 1 year extension based on my children

Thanks in advance!

You are the legal father of your children since you were married to their mother. No need for the legitimization process.

You though need at least joint custody of your children from the divorce decree.