"The Chill" New Darkside Shopping Center

OMGImInPattaya

As has been mentioned briefly a few times already, the Darkside is about to get its first proper shopping mall, The Chill, located about mid-way up soi Khow Noi and opposite Chock Chai Garden 5 village. Now for some this may be another sign of the end-times but for this Darkside it's a welcome thing.

It looks to be about a month or two away from completion; and is a large enclosed two story structure, with an underground garage. The glazing has just gone in. It will be interesting to see what, if any, name brand stores and restos take a flyer on the spending power of the Darkside and take up residence in the mall.

Stay tuned for further updates as they happen...

20161104_084547.jpg

20161104_084613.jpg

20161104_084402.jpg

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

2 minutes ago, digbeth said:

My guess is that none of the Bangkok brands will move in and it'll be empty of tenants and derelict in no time

It's possible...not the best of times for a mall opening. There is some new housing going in the area as well, some high density, so should provide a base level of customers.

Also NY Pizza has just opened their 2nd branch just down the block so some businesses are doing ok.

Likely that a bank or two might set up inside the mall. That should help the footfall.

Thinking of SCB in particular as they have recently closed their branch located on Khao Noi. It seemed a strange decision given that they had been open for a number of years and closing it down just when the potential customer base was increasing didn't seem to make too much sense.  

• 2 months later...

Just received a load of coupons from Tops as a promotion for the Grand Opening of Tops market 19 Dec 2016 at The Chill Pattaya.

Let's not kid ourselves this is not in PATTAYA. Call it what you like but it will never be PATTAYA.

Pattaya ends at around the railway lines. Stop the geographical lies. It's like saying Mount Everest is in India.

10 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Just received a load of coupons from Tops as a promotion for the Grand Opening of Tops market 19 Dec 2016 at The Chill Pattaya.

Let's not kid ourselves this is not in PATTAYA. Call it what you like but it will never be PATTAYA.

Pattaya ends at around the railway lines. Stop the geographical lies. It's like saying Mount Everest is in India.

pedantic.jpg

7 minutes ago, Keesters said:

And the secret word for you today is ---deleted--- I'd not be allowed to say. The Chill is NOT in Pattaya. Prove it is or shut up.

Ohh you sound angry, are you going to ask me to meet up so that you can punch me ?

The coupons from Tops are named incorrectly as this new shopping mall is not called "The Chill Pattaya" so getting you panties in a twist over the name is rather amusing !!

2 hours ago, Keesters said:

Actually looking at the NongPrue border in google maps suggests on Soi Khao Noi "Pattaya Ends" approx 718m up the soi from the rail line.

pattaya.jpg

FYI........MOST events, amusement-parks, landmarks and even the nearest airport is referred to as being in Pattaya.

"The Chilled Pattaya" sounds a lot better than "The Chilled Nongprue", at least most people will assume that The Chilled is within a 50 km range from Pattaya City. :passifier:

4 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

But ok, back to the Chilled........

went in there last week. 

Apart from a well-sorted Tops, a hair dresser, a Watson's, a coffee shop and a bank under construction there's not much 

The 2nd floor isn't even open yet. 

Lot's to be done!!

Yeah I went in last week (tops is a bit dispointing for a "big" weekly shop but wiil come  in handy if I need something urgently) was hoping to see what the DIY store is but alas. not much at all open yet.

• 1 month later...

I went to the chilled today it was quite refreshing in that there where no problems parking because of only a very few people using the place

The tops is quite big and has a mini restaurant a bit like "took le dee"

second floor has lots of under construction area but the star of the place for me was "Mr DIY" shop

a bit like Amorn with less electronics emphasis but the prices are so low its almost unbelievable well worth a look.P_20170312_153414.jpg