webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Songlaw said:

Sometimes I really wish people would take all their "ifs," "what ifs," "shoulds," and "shouldn'ts," and stuff them in a sack. Then shove that sack up their ar*es. Just live your lives and allow others to do the same. Whilst I would not condone a half-dozen kids on a motorbike pretty much anywhere, I would venture to say, that neither would the parents, who are not present to make their thoughts known here. Roll the dice on occasion, for chrissakes, and allow your kids to do the same.  The odds are much more often than not, in our favor, and the accumulated joyous memories of being trusted to do 'important' things for your folks (with scars as reminders, if need be) will go a long way in soothing some of the much, much harsher realities looming in the not-so-far-off distance.

It also pays to keep in mind that unforeseeable outcomes are not always negative, and are certainly not swayed by overactive imaginations. You want to raise a fearful, neurotic kid? Teach him/her through incessant hand-wringing and such that 'Danger' is lurking at every turn, and seeking to devour them. Though I don't see how trust (other than in that of fate) comes into play in this particular instance, Damrongsak, your attitude is otherwise what I would encourage any un-holier-than-thou individual to adopt. Especially in SE Asia. Without it, this place would be no fun at all. Sheeeish.

Baby in a bucket, anyone?  :402:

Insane Photo.jpg

I just wonder how many kg a Honda can take before the axles or frontfork just snaps.

Also i wonder why the deliveryguys in Chinatown (who are masters in overloading their scooters) all have a classic Vespa and not just a Honda. Are those Vespa's stronger or better or so? They do make a lot of noise and fumes though.

I regularly had my  2 kids 2 nieces and 1 nephew on the 125 for the school run. Once we ran out of petrol and had to get off, it took ages to all get back into position again. Thankfully they are all now grown up and ride their own bikes to school.

5 hours ago, rems said:

certainly not a 50cc... are they really journalists ?

The engine size is certainly of no relevance at all.  The journalists work for the Daily Mirror, question answered?

5 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

That's quite a record, even for here. And again, it's not a moped. When will the media realise there is a difference between a small motorbike and a moped?

What does it matter?

5 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Brits? Where did that assumption come from? I'm British and know full well what differentiates a moped from a common-a- garden motorcycle. It more likely depends on age, as they were more common forty years ago than now.

You're British and you keep banging on about an inconsequential reference in the OP that you obstinately refuse to accept as something that most people have no issue with and you claim you can differentiate full well between one thing and another because you're British.    However, you can't differentiate between a common phrase, "common-or-garden" and a non-existent phrase that you made up yourself, "common-a-garden.