Post office charging 3000 baht to pick up package?

Boristos Jaxon

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:22 AM, lopburi3 said:

Sorry but that is a bit hard to understand - it is not the Post Office making charge - they only act as agent for Customs and there charge is indeed for contents but price of postage is included.

The stamp was $300. Was a big box full of old plates I inherited. When they asked me what the value was I said no value. So they charged me 3,000 baht. (about 30% of the postage stamps). Was years ago.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

The stamp was $300. Was a big box full of old plates I inherited. When they asked me what the value was I said no value. So they charged me 3,000 baht. (about 30% of the postage stamps). Was years ago.

I ever sent some old items from my old country by SEA. The custom haven't charge me a lot but it took around 3 months. However, I ever just send 1 item by EMS, still got charged. 

It is all corrupt..I live near some of these custom guys..houses with millions of dollars sending their kids all over the world for.education
They have so much money they can't put it in the bank so they buy house and property's

Custom officer in Thailand must be having good salary if not how to buy property and even send their kids overseas for education

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

36 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

It is all corrupt..I live near some of these custom guys..houses with millions of dollars sending their kids all over the world for.education
They have so much money they can't put it in the bank so they buy house and property's

Oh really! 

:sleepy: