Snake Wine / Scorpion Wine

lee b

I am travelling back to Thailand from Vietnam in December. I have been asked to bring a bottle of snake wine and scorpion wine with me for a present. 

( If you are not aware of this, yes it does have a real cobra / scorpion in the wine bottle. )

Doe's anyone know if I can bring this across to Thailand or is it illegal? I have searched many different web pages only to get a mixture of answers which leave me no better off.

If anyone knows the answer It would help me a lot, I don't want trouble at the airport for the sake of wine....Thanks !

snake.jpg

Not an issue at all. I've brought back a few from HCM and Hanoi without problem. In fact, you can get snake in liquor here too so it's not even an exotic import. Customs won't bat an eyelid but there's no need to pull it out of your bag and wave it in their face.

Edited by The Dancer

2 hours ago, The Dancer said:

Not an issue at all. I've brought back a few from HCM and Hanoi without problem. In fact, you can get snake in liquor here too so it's not even an exotic import. Customs won't bat an eyelid but there's no need to pull it out of your bag and wave it in their face.

Thanks for that :)

Really? You want to bring these in? Already there are enough snakes and scorpions of the two legged variety in Thailand (and some other places also). 

:cheesy:

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Really? You want to bring these in? Already there are enough snakes and scorpions of the two legged variety in Thailand (and some other places also). 

:cheesy:

So why they don't put them in bottles ? I cannot find snake wine anywhere in Thailand. Only Vietnam it seems ?

8 hours ago, Grubster said:

I would like one with the Vietnamese centipede in it.

• monstor Centipede - Vama Camp Sattahip Thld 1972 .jpeg
  •  

You mean like this one??  Try to get that sucker into a wine bottle.

46 kb · Done

Edited by TunnelRat69

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:
  • monstor Centipede - Vama Camp Sattahip Thld 1972 .jpeg
  •  

You mean like this one??  Try to get that sucker into a wine bottle.

46 kb · Done

Yeah that is a bad ass bug there. I killed one here not much smaller. I rank that bug as one of the meanest critters in the world. Scary.

11 hours ago, Asiang said:

So why they don't put them in bottles ? I cannot find snake wine anywhere in Thailand. Only Vietnam it seems ?

Not just that, I heard that the stuff you can find in Thailand ( no idea where though ) is more of a whiskey, where here in Vietnam it is a WINE.