Thailand Blacklist.. can board a flight?

BuffaloRescue

I am worried I might be on a blacklist for entering Thailand.

Someone told me that if I am on a blacklist, I will find out when I try to fly TO Thailand since the airline is connected to immigration in Thailand somehow and they prevent blacklisted people from flying to the country.

Is it true?

Or if i try to cross at a land border, what happens? They just turn be back to the country I just came from? And that country (e.g. cambodia) will let me back in again with a new entry stamp (as i already stamped out)

Believe you will be turned away on an air arrival - do not believe airlines has access to any such list.

By land you could be in a world of hurt as other country could refuse to allow your return and arrest you for deportation.  But most likely they would just allow re-entry if they have no other reasons to detain you.

Believe status can be obtained by lawyers in Thailand - have seen such posted - maybe make a Google search - might save you some cash if actually black listed.  But why would someone else know you are blacklisted and you not know?

4 minutes ago, roo860 said:

If the majority of foreign criminals make it into Thailand that likely being over 90% he should be just fine. The Thai government seems to allow the worlds most wanted in and only grabs them if they are dumb enough to get caught by complete accident or if a foreign government complains.

He should be OK then.

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And why were you Blacklisted ? That takes some real effort.  Many foreign criminals seem to enter Thailand just fine. Here is proof.

Australian-fugative.jpg

"  Many foreign criminals seem to enter Thailand just fine. Here is proof. "

And many foreign criminals seem to commit their crimes in Farang Land and easily slip though the hands of the farang authorities even after being arrested, charged and found guilty in a court.

5 hours ago, roo860 said:

He should be OK then.

51 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

And many foreign criminals seem to commit their crimes in Farang Land and easily slip though the hands of the farang authorities even after being arrested, charged and found guilty in a court.

He is not a crim anymore.He has served his time.Ex crim,if you must label him.

My friend, who is blacklisted for life, came here last November. He had changed his name, legally, in the U.K., and had a new passport in the new name. When he went to Immigration he was arrested and made to buy a new ticket to return to the UK. 

If you are blacklisted you will soon find out. 

3 hours ago, louse1953 said:
4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

He is not a crim anymore.He has served his time.Ex crim,if you must label him.

He was deported from Cambodia.  He should have be sent to Australia but had to transit through Thailand and someone <deleted> up and let him into Thailand.

The kingdom's laws prohibit entry to those who are the subject of outstanding warrants, have done jail time or have been deported from other nations.   

I'm pretty certain I'm not black listed and don't know why I ever would be. But this post is of interest to me just because the black listing seems to be something you can never be sure about unless you get turned away on entry. I remember a story earlier this year about a British guy with dual citizenship. He generally used his Thai passport and had no problem. Then one trip he used his British passport and was detained by immigration in the immigration jail. It turned out that someone he had accused of plagiarism ( and the person was even convicted of it) apparently got him black listed. Don't know how it all turned out. But it sounds like if you had a problem with the wrong person, you could be black listed and not even know it. 

7 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Is it just possible for both "farangland" and Thai authorities to be inept? I guess that wouldn't conform to your sad, black and white world. 

Edited by BudRight

2 hours ago, Dan5 said:

I'm pretty certain I'm not black listed and don't know why I ever would be. But this post is of interest to me just because the black listing seems to be something you can never be sure about unless you get turned away on entry. I remember a story earlier this year about a British guy with dual citizenship. He generally used his Thai passport and had no problem. Then one trip he used his British passport and was detained by immigration in the immigration jail. It turned out that someone he had accused of plagiarism ( and the person was even convicted of it) apparently got him black listed. Don't know how it all turned out. But it sounds like if you had a problem with the wrong person, you could be black listed and not even know it. 

Yes a similar thing to me.

You only need to be ACCUSED of something fairly minor.

I was told theres a arrest warrant and a blacklist. So if i come thailand.. what I'm not allowed entry.. or entry then arrested.. then what? go court, or go home?

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Airlines aren't connected to the immigration. That's some stupid shhhhh. 

The Interpol has been asking countries to comply and connect to their database for ages so they see possible red notices etc. 

They don't give a toss about that. You think they care about connecting to some airline? 

If you don't know you better find it out before travel. If you are blacklisted, you will be forced to turn back. 

Apply for a visa at the Thai embassy in your country. The Thai embassies are very much connected to the Thai immigration so they won't issue you a visa if you are blacklisted. That's the cheapest way to find it out. 

Or contact a Thai lawyer and ask for help. Or contact the Thai immigration. When they blacklist you or deport you, it is stated on the official documents that if in any case you wish to return, you have to contact them first. So they should be available for comment. 

As for posts about being able to return if you are blacklisted, yes that's easy but with connections only. 

8 hours ago, Dan5 said:

Hard to say, but I think there is an answer to why hw was arrested. According to the laws in Thailand they do not approve of double citizenship.
The law is hardly never used, but he could happen to meet a person that went by the book, so to say.

14 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

the  joy  of  living on an island

Edited by kannot

17 hours ago, Khun Robert said:

If you are banned and try to enter Thailand you get arrested and deported to your own country.

Or you can get deported to another country if you have a VALID VISA for it. I know someone who got kicked out, he's from AUS and they sent him to DXB as he had a ticket and a valid visa.