Question on my Non-0 visa extension.

I got a multi entry Non-O visa in Laos around this time last year based on marriage. I went to the office today with all my stuff to have it extended but I made the mistake of having the 400,000 in her account, not mine. 

The officer told me to have the money moved to my account (did today) do a border hop to get an extra 90 days and then after two months do the extension. 

Will that work? Can I have an extension on a visa that is expired or is it just my visit that is being extended? He claimed it would be fine. 

If i have to start over I'm not worried but I just want to know 100% sure what is going on. 

Thanks. 

Edit: Also when I extend my stay or visa, will it still be multi entry? I will still have to leave every 90 days? How much will it cost? 

Edited by ChaangNoi

It will work.  The extension is of your entry, not the visa.  The extension you will get is for 12 months.  1900 baht.  If you want to leave the country during the extension period you will need to get a re-entry permit.  You do not have to leave every 90 days, you report to immigration.

• Like 1

You will be fine the extension is on your permission of stay not on your visa.

Just do the border hop before the visa expires.

The money must be in your account only, shared accounts do not qualify either.

The extension costs 1900 baht, you just have to report to immigration every 90 days.

If you want to leave the country you need a re-entry permit.

1000 baht for single, 3800 for5 multiple.

• Like 1

And the 90 day is an address report of staying 90 days or more - if you leave day of return becomes day one of a new 90 day count - you use a TM.47 for this address reporting but after first most places you have option to do by mail or internet.  If you travel often you may never need to make such a report.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And the 90 day is an address report of staying 90 days or more - if you leave day of return becomes day one of a new 90 day count - you use a TM.47 for this address reporting but after first most places you have option to do by mail or internet.  If you travel often you may never need to make such a report.

But if I do leave, I will have to file a TM.30 when I get back? Or is that only for staying somewhere other than my house in Thailand?

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Should not be required as long as does not change from extension.

I must have a misunderstand about the TM.30 or maybe I am thinking of the wrong form. 

My wife was fined 800 Baht for not filling out a form for my living in her house once. We were told I had to fill out a form at immigration every time I stayed at a hotel in side of Thailand. 

Only the most pandemic official even wants them.  Hotels are required to report your stay so there really is no need for TM.30.  The TM30 form is basically for police but most police do not want as redundant.

But if you live in such an immigration district just do as they say. 

Okay, Yeah we were fined and I was told we needed to do it every time :/     We have been going there about 3 times a month for about a year. 

I have a Thai ID card and a yellow book but they do not seem to care about that. Was just in there today. 

Thanks. In Chiang Rai BTW. 

Long shot, but clearly you don't have the required amount in income from home country? If you were close to the amount you could opt for income SD from your embassy. Prob suits those people living bkk. All they do is reject. Unlikely. Typo above above reentry permit. The multi gives you unlimited. Available and some airports. If your not changing your address proof of where you live prob not asked for.

Edited by jacksam

• As long as you can make another entry before the 'enter before' date printed on the visa you will get another 90 days and can apply for the 1 year extension of stay within the last 30 (maybe 45) days of that 90.
  • If your visa has already expired you could apply for a 60 days extension (no financials required) and apply for the 1 year extension towards the end of the 60 days.
  • If your local office want a TM30 every time you re-enter then it's best to comply unless you're happy to pay possible fines.