Banned but three passports

My friend.....this is not me.....had his passport stolen by a woman supposed to get him his extension. He ending up searching for her for weeks to no avail, and ended overstaying by four days. Got a temporary US passport last week. Went to the airport flying to KL paid a fine and was banned for a year. He wasn't expecting this at all and is in shock and leaving behind all his stuff, paid for apt etc......just called me from Phuket airport awaiting his flight. He does have two other passports British and Argentinian unfortunately both expired. He could renew either or both in KL. Would he be able to re-enter Thailand as a tourist on either of these passports? Where would be the best place to try getting back into this country? 

Appreciate answers to these questions, but don't need waste of time criticisms. He and I both know it could have been handled differently, but 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

People don't get banned for a year for 4 days overstay unless he was caught by which your account says he wasn't, the minimum overstay for a ban is 90 days if not caught

http://overstay.immigration.go.th/advice.html

Not many people here will be able to answer your question apart from maybe he will be ok maybe not  however if he does change PP's and attempts to enter and is flagged by Immigration then he could be in more trouble, attempting to enter the country illegally would be one of them

I wish him luck, a terrible situation he seems to be in

I would imagine a new passport will have the same Name and DOB, and place of birth etc. I imagine that will make a match to the old passport at immigration, if he tries to enter on another passport.

It's highly unlikely that he would've have been banned for a 4 day overstay when surrendering at the airport.

If he tries to re-enter with a new passport/nationality it is highly likely it will be linked to the US passport by name/date of birth and he would be denied entry.

If he does successfully re-enter, and gets found out when in Thailand, he would be prosecuted, possibly imprisoned, eventually deported, face an even longer ban and possibly blacklisted for good. He has been banned, not his passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p_brownstone said:

So someone with 3 Citizenships and Passports from 3 different Countries somehow forgets to renew 2 of them?

And the remaining, valid, Passport is "stolen by a woman supposed to get him his extension"?

Red flags all over this I think.

Patrick

Yes Patrick rubbish OP. Little info. No reply and who has ever heard of ban with 4 day overstay. No info about the procedure at airport and stamps in pp. 

I realize this adds little to the OP. However it always bugs me when an OP starts a new topic then does a "vanish".

No added info , nothing. I'm a hack TV contributor. My intentions are good, and sometimes miss giving correct ifo. Basicslly i try and assist.

I admire and store info from members like elvijero and of course ubonjoe. What's with many random op's that seems suss then offers no input to clarify. 

1 hour ago, offset said:

Maybe because because it was a temporary US passport with not stamps on it the IO took the easy way out and banned him. The OP never said how much overstay he paid

It is all speculation. I am pretty sure the OP did not give us the full facts. My own guess is that he tried immediately to fly back to get a visa exempt entry after the overstay. Doing so clearing immigration in Phuket is especially foolhardy.