New Mexican Food

Just found a food cart in front of 7-11 in Bang Rak that is selling tacos and burritos. I had a chicken burrito and a steak taco and it was very good. I've been craving it and have had to resort to making my own but now I don't have too! I always ended up throwing away the food I didn't use.

Anyway, it's a good alternative to Gringos in Chaweng. I love Mexican food but can't afford Gringos too often plus it doesn't taste like the Mexican I'm used to.

Hola,

Senor Mafaso

Just found a food cart in front of 7-11 in Bang Rak that is selling tacos and burritos. I had a chicken burrito and a steak taco and it was very good. I've been craving it and have had to resort to making my own but now I don't have too! I always ended up throwing away the food I didn't use.

Anyway, it's a good alternative to Gringos in Chaweng. I love Mexican food but can't afford Gringos too often plus it doesn't taste like the Mexican I'm used to.

Hola,

Senor Mafaso

Senor Mafaso...Senor Kirk at Gringoes is Canadian,,about as far from Mehico as you can get on that continent and you expect to get good food...

:o:D:D

Hola,

Senor Mafaso

Do they sell shoes and beachtowels........ :o

Do they sell shoes and beachtowels........ :o

I don't get it? :D

Anyway, to me Mexican food is one of those things that once you are craving it there is no other substitute for it. That is why I have eaten at Gringoes a few times because my body was screaming for it. Then I realized I could just make it myself (but I really hate to cook).

But now I can just hit up the new taco cart. It hits the spot for a heck of a lot cheaper than what Gringoes charges. Granted there is no sit down atmosphere type but I'm all about quality and saving some baht. My food last night was only 130 baht and I was stuffed afterward. Last week I spent 220 on a small plate of Nachos at Gringoes.

They only have tacos and burritos (beef, chicken and steak) but told me a lot more food items are coming.

Feliz Navidad

You were very unlucky to get sick after eating at Gringo's

I love the food, lots and lots of people agree since the place is always buzzing, even when it is slow at other establishments.

I got sick after eating at a really really popular place here in Nakhon, I swear I will never go there again though my family adores the place. I guess your stomach and mine have a mind of their own.

Hey girlx, why did you go back the 2nd time after you got sick AND the food was and is awfull?

the first time i went was 8 years ago- hated it. then i forgot about it and a couple months ago went again. hated it agin and remembered it was the same place i had been before. :o i love mexican food and crave it every day, but that is nothing near real mexican food.

Here is a little detective work:

Where To Buy Food Cart?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=91787&hl=

Taco Shells, Where can I get them?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=92883&hl=

And now this thread completes the cycle. Mafaso, did you perhaps buy a food cart, start selling tacos, and now are trying to promote your food stall?

:o

Where To Buy Food Cart?

And now this thread completes the cycle. Mafaso, did you perhaps buy a food cart, start selling tacos, and now are trying to promote your food stall?

Great work. My Hero :D:D:D

Where To Buy Food Cart?

Ha Ha, nice detective work!!!!

I just ate there, I had chicken Burrito and a beef Taco. Was very nice, some salsa would be good though.........

Gotta say though you need better signs, we drove past and nearly missed it, it's quite dark so easily done. Maybe some tacky fairy lights or something, and anything else to make it stand out a bit. With farangs as customers you need it to look a bit more flash.

Anyway the food is tasty and thats the main thing, perhaps u could do chicken fajitas soon? Also get a grill and do nachos with cheese.

Mmmmmmmmm

Where To Buy Food Cart?

:D

Ha Ha, nice detective work!!!!

I just ate there, I had chicken Burrito and a beef Taco. Was very nice, some salsa would be good though.........

Gotta say though you need better signs, we drove past and nearly missed it, it's quite dark so easily done. Maybe some tacky fairy lights or something, and anything else to make it stand out a bit. With farangs as customers you need it to look a bit more flash.

Anyway the food is tasty and thats the main thing, perhaps u could do chicken fajitas soon? Also get a grill and do nachos with cheese.

Mmmmmmmmm

Is that the Thing that smells like Fish but tastes like Chicken ??? :o

There are so many new places in Bangrak now and at night bikes and cars all over the place so can you be more precise as to where to start looking please.

I like Gringos - never had a bad meal there, but living in Plai Laem a local Mex would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ended up finding the food cart outside of the 7/11 at the end of Fishermans village.

They were pretty "meh" in my opinion. I had 3 beef tacos. The flavor was good but the meat was not very hot. All of the hard shell tacos were broken into many pieces so I went with the soft tacos.

My only gripe is the pricing. I saw an ad for this taco cart in the samui express newspaper and they mentioned that 3 tacos were 100 baht on special. I was told I had to pay 150 baht. I didnt bother to argue with her but in my opionion if you are going to pay money to list an ad in a newspaper and also list a promotion then you should honor that promotion when someone actually comes to eat at your joint. That alone might keep me from ever comming back to your business.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
where is this place? Im going to go have a look and try it out but you were not very specific on the details.

"in front of 7-11 in Bang Rak "

seems pretty specific to me