Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand

diznax

On 6/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, kickstart said:

From a bike shop at Mortlec,in Saraburi province, this shop specialized in big bikes. RIMG0398.thumb.JPG.eb6e4be0c02106c1f0699f91b88dd2c3.JPG bikes 

any chance i can have the address? looking for bikes to turn into cafe racers. this place seems good!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 9:30 PM, helbob said:

Locals like play paintball here and someone use a opiumpipe. On the stairs and the upper floor much shit of the dove. In the night creepy there.

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00858.JPG

DSC01305.JPG

Excellent pictures, I've heard about that place in the past but didn't know where it was.  Would it be possible to give some basic directions?  I'm planning to go to Kanchanaburi later in January.  Thanks a lot for any info & for the continued shares!

On 12/28/2018 at 6:03 PM, diznax said:

Excellent pictures, I've heard about that place in the past but didn't know where it was.  Would it be possible to give some basic directions?  I'm planning to go to Kanchanaburi later in January.  Thanks a lot for any info & for the continued shares!

I think I'm not wrong ...Behind the " ruins " there are buildings where many people live .

Two photos I just shot about Kanchanaburi map ;

sorry a little bit blurred and iso 6400 ( it does not help! ) , but you can see the bridge over river Kwai and the numbers of the roads 

P1060252_Kanchanaburi_map.JPG

P1060253_Kanchanaburi_map.JPG

5000000 Euros is a lot of money for a old airplane ????

@diznax

I send you a message with the gps coordinates. I don't want post it in public because to many strange people go there and then it will be closed.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2016 at 5:13 PM, Ron19 said:

Abandoned Jumbo at Phitsanulok Airport

I could be corrected but are sure that it is/was part of this group.

I think there was originally two of these here.

One Two Go Airlines Co. Lte[1] (Thai: วัน-ทู-โก แอร์ไลน์) was a low-cost airline based in Don Mueang, Bangkok, Thailand.[2] Following the crash of OG 269 in Phuket, Thailand on September 16, 2007, One-Two-GO was banned from flying in European Union nations due to safety concerns.[3] Its main base was Don Mueang International Airport, Bangkok.[4] Always owned and managed by Orient Thai Airlines and owned by CEO Udom Tantiprasongchai and his wife Nina Tantriprasongchai, the One-Two-GO brand was retired in July 2010, and the aircraft re-branded as Orient Thai Airlines.

DSC00487.JPG Abandoned Jumbo.JPG

Banned for safety reasons.

In their early days they had short flights from Utapao to Bkk (18 min flying time). I took that flight once, never again.

Doors closed at Utapao, aircraft moves out to the starting point on the actual runway. Pilot now announces there will be a delay, one more passenger coming.

Maybe 20 minutes later door is opened and some passengers can see there is a pick up truck  with a typical airline ladder in tow slowly approaching the aircraft and the pick up truck is massively loaded with giant multi-coloured plastic clothing bags.

Ladder in place the additional passenger (Thai lady, maybe mid 30's comes on board). Now lots of discussion and strong arguments, then the pilot appears and is berated by the new passenger, lots of phone calls.

End result, many passengers at the front of the aircraft instructed to sit much further back.

Now the guys from the pick up truck start bringing  the giant heavy clothing bags up the ladder and into the cabin, about 15 bags which are deposited whereever they are dumped, partly in seats / on top of seats and the final bags blocking the exit door and also preventing the cabin crew from moving from their own cubby area to the rest of the aircraft.

Pilot is watching this and is in panic, but he eventually goes back to the cockpit and takes off.  

Lots of severe complaints from the other passengers on arrival, cabin crew (who actually tried to stop the bags from  being loaded) now in the cross fire. Other officials from the company arrive, passengers try to talk / complain to them.  The same word comes up again and again 'VIP'.  

I wrote 2 letters of complaint, both never answered. I never flew that airline again. 

• Sad 1