Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand

diznax

On 13.1.2018 at 12:04 PM, bprinceuk said:

Dredger is what I was thinking also

I think so. The locals said this boat take minerals from the sea ground.

@diznax  a good resolution for a drohne camera 

Edited by helbob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

Great pics diznax............are these apts a result of the 1997 crash or another reason?

Yes, I believe so.  They appear to be about that old.  Also, the completed units are numbered up to 45, with the foundations being laid for 46-? but never completed.  So, you can actually see the point where the construction company went bankrupt, where the #45 apartment ends and the next foundation lays incomplete, and so on afterward.  Must have been an enormous loss of investment for someone.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

is this really abandoned ?

Yes.  It is looked after by an overseer & his family who stay in a shack on the property.  They groom the landscape and keep the area clean but no one actually lives in or has ever lived the main buildings as construction was abandoned in the mid-1990's.  The owner has been selling off the land gradually over the years & is supposedly trying to sell the main plot as well.  I've seen it up close & it doesn't look like it would make a very hospitable or practical place to live, so I'm not really sure what was planned before the owner ran out of money due to paying legal fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A kind request: I was wondering if anyone knows of abandoned sites that might make for interesting pictures in the gulf area around Cha-am/Hua Hin/Prachuap?  I'm headed down for a few days for a short holiday & would like to try and shoot an abandoned beach condo or residence if there is one to be found(I've heard that there are). Thanks for any info if anyone has any to share.  Cheers