British pedophile was recently working in Thailand again after legal name change let him get teaching jobs

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, sioux2012 said:

I agree.....No person trusted to be in the immediate vicinnity of a minor should be allowed or is allowed to physically or mentally touch the child.

And no, you cannot touch a child. Cannot. 

Simple standards to make it safe for everyone. I have reported teachers before. Don't touch the kids. Thailand is a disgrace for teacher standards though.  

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is in England now. 
I would be really happy however, if every phedo had he same fate . Brit, Thai, American....

What, moved to England?

Give us a break, we seem to have enough problems keeping track of our home grown perverts!
:)

Yes he has but surely he shouldn't be permitted to work in a position where he's likely to re offend?
The fact that he's done it before doesn't necessarily mean he'll definitely do it again but the cost to the child means it's not worth taking the chance.

Of course he shouldn't be allowed to work in such a position again.

The problem is that the schools/agencies often don't bother to do the checks, as is apparent here.

Anyone who has taught in a few Thai schools over a period of a few years will have come across two or three of these guys. They always display several of the following behavioural patterns.  Touchy feely, express love for their students, give gifts, are very keen to do extra classes, and after school classes, ingratiating to a sickening degree with school staff, especially the Thais, use a camera at school, are keen on lists of students on which they can fill in names, ages etc, always go on trips/camps etc, are single but claim to have been married in the past, often have pets, and like to bring puppies and so on to school. In the huddle of a class photo, he will always be there.

.hired him based on what....???

..he could not have changed his name on his transcripts...degree...etc....

I guess from the comments of those who knew him, he was employed via a teaching agency in Thailand, as opposed to working direct.

Now, how many of the agencies who advertise government school teaching jobs on Craigslist for 30k/month, actually check out the credentials of their teachers?

My guess is very (VERY) few bother to do the most basic of checks.

Example - Earlier this year, I worked in a government high school in south Thailand.  I supplied my CV with a whole list of my degrees and teaching certificates (all which are genuine BTW!).

Did the agency ask to see copies of my qualifications?  Did they ask to see my CRB documents from the UK and Thailand? Did they h*ll...  Within days, I was teaching classes of young teen kids.  

The only thing that the agency was concerned about was getting their monthly payment from the school.  They couldn't even pay me on time....

Now, repeat those lack of checks across the country and you can imagine how easy it is for someone who wants to 'fool the system' to be successful with their endeavors.

No. 

The solution lies in being able to bring a civil lawsuit to a school director whose school has been found negligent, failing to conduct appropriate background checks where this information would readily have been discovered.

Just the threat of personal liability fixes the problem overnight. The employment requirements are there anyway, it cannot be a big step to negligence.

5 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Ooooo, big man, with connections. What is there to take care of, has he been charged with anything new?  Hasn't he been punished and done his time already?

Even if he's done his time, don't let him near kids in an environment where he is supposed to be a role model, and avoid temptation....come on!

Education establishments could request  a Police criminal record check  as part of their job application procedure,  in addition to a Birth Certificate to verify names.  Maybe not  absolutely foolproof,  but at least it might deter some.   

8 hours ago, johninbkk71 said:

to defended the Brits, but where is this research? Thailand would be on any list where males regularly abuse children. Just look at the recent news. Also, many other countries in the Middle East would also be there.

it has been widely reported

Just google "countries with the most child abuse"

9 minutes ago, bumpkin said:

Education establishments could request  a Police criminal record check  as part of their job application procedure,  in addition to a Birth Certificate to verify names.  Maybe not  absolutely foolproof,  but at least it might deter some.   

What do you mean "could"? Bizarre!! 

It is THAI law and education facilities should, must, but don't do the checks.

Surely, safety is a minimum school standard for children. Everywhere.  Why compromise standards because of geography? Everything else is global. so too this one. Just have to make the schools reaaaaaally require it. It is not that hard.  They, institutions, should be prosecuted for negligence. 

Every teacher, if a school director faced personal liability charges would have to present host country sanctioned certification they were children safe.  

Someone tell me why this is not minimum standard? It is easy to comply with if you are okay. Nuts!!

8 hours ago, baansgr said:

You may find that the numbers are so high because of a certain racial profile in the U.K. have committed these offences, and that racial profile does not tend to visit Thailand

Y

Jimmy Saville was from which race? 

All of the Brit pedo reports I have seen in south east Asia have certainly been from the same race.

Jimmy was at it for decade after perverted decade, people knew, his friends knew, his gang of fellow pedos certainly knew, reports were made to the police, and the BBC knew. And nothing was EVER done which resulted in hundreds of victims. Maybe more. 

Everyone involved just buried their heads in the sand which is half the problem.

He is just one of thousands. The church has a lot to answer for as well.

I don't want to argue about it, let's just do all we can to stop it. Being raped as a kid is something that most don't ever get over.

3 minutes ago, TerrylSky said:

I am a teacher; this man is sick.

Anyone want to borrow my samurai sword? 

Have you got/presented a police check from home or applied for a "working with children's" check, samurai? Has this been asked of you in you situation?

Do you mind helping enlighten many here what is current. 

Have you got/presented a police check from home or applied for a "working with children's" check ...

In my own case, over the past 10 years, I have worked in Thai government schools, a Lao 'international' school, a Myanmar 'international' school, a Myanmar vocational college and a Myanmar language school.

Not once have I been asked to present copies of my CRB checks or academic qualifications.  (In the case of the Lao school, I was the new Headmaster and surprised my teaching staff by asking for their CRB docs and proof of academic qualifications!).

21 hours ago, getreal said:

I know racial profiling is not poitically correct inthe wesr but it might be a good idea to do it here.

The UK has a terrible record with child abusers, fourth in the world behind south africa, india and zimbabwe according to research.

These scum frequently prey on child her and in other SE Asian countries. 

Putting up with a bit of extra scutiny would be worth it if it meant keeping the kids.safe. 

I don't think we are 4th in the world because we have 'so' many pedos, I think its because we have a pretty good detection system in place.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/detailedstory3?p_p_id=DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=exclusive&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=4&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_javax.portlet.action=doclickcount&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_uuid=07c4e259-35b6-498a-b592-9e76b6a85053&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_start=1&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_category=%2FNEWS%2FBarrow&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_pubDate=2016-11-08T08%3A11%3A00Z

Smith, an ex-Butlin’s redcoat, was jailed for six months in 2005 and placed on the sex offenders’ register for a sex attack on a girl of 14.

He pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child after an incident in the kitchen of a pub where he worked in 2005. He admitted pulling the girl's knickers from under her trousers and touching her on the back.

23 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I just don't understand how a convicted paedophile is allowed by the UK authorities to change his name and be granted a new passport so he can return to commit further offences. Get a grip <deleted> UK :angry: 

by getting a fake passport in there, travelling to Switzerland with is id card and jumping on a plane with is "new passport"...it's a beautiful world :sick:

2 hours ago, Puwa said:

Short-sleeved shirt with tie tells me something ain't right.

Why, plenty of teachers wear short sleeved shirts.

Thailand is fairly warm you know.

Ties are usually compulsory in schools for male staff.

Edited by Bluespunk

4 hours ago, optad said:

No. 

The solution lies in being able to bring a civil lawsuit to a school director whose school has been found negligent, failing to conduct appropriate background checks where this information would readily have been discovered.

Just the threat of personal liability fixes the problem overnight. The employment requirements are there anyway, it cannot be a big step to negligence.

Quite right, Optad. The problem would be that the school director would countersue for libel and damage to his reputation (truth is no defence) and the complainant would be stuck in an expensive and endless legal whirlpool. This is what happened to Andy Hall

5 hours ago, optad said:

Have you got/presented a police check from home or applied for a "working with children's" check, samurai? Has this been asked of you in you situation?

Do you mind helping enlighten many here what is current. 

I work in a care home for the elderly in the UK and even for this I have to have a Police Disclosure, what the hell are the authorities doing to protect all kids