police check non b savankhet

Hello. .  I  have just got my work permit today on the back of a non o marriage visa,however my non o expires on Sunday 

13 th . My school have said i should change to a non b  instead of a non o. They will provide all the paperwork

.However,they say I don't need a police clearance certificate for Savankhet,Laos.I have read mixed reports about this. I won't be able to get a police clearance by Monday,

so i don't want to go all the way there and be refused my non b for lack of a police clearance. 

My schools also said i don't need a police check as i have already been issued with my work permit. They said i can show them that along with other docs,

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Be careful! Your school probably wants you on an extension of stay based on working because this gives them leverage over you. Once done, they can always threaten to cancel your employment with immediate effect, invalidating your extension of stay and forcing you to leave the country. In principle, a work permit on your existing Non O is fine, unless you are in the area of one of the rogue labor offices who decide against all logic not to allow it. Ask the school to explain, in writing, why they need you to do this.