Solar Power For Housing- Photo Voltaic Cells In Thailand

cm-happy

For remote locations the comparison to be made should be between solar installations and other power generating methods like wind, hydro, and diesel.

Chownah

Are the 12 volt refrigerators available in thailand? In the USA i have a 25 foot camping trailer that can be hauled behind a car and it has everything run from 12 volt batteries. I could run the 120v items such as TV's and stereos on this system also. I always used the car to recharge the batteries but a friend of mine had a better system. He had a series of 12 volt batteries jumped together. He used an alternator from a car that was connected to a small windmill on the top of his trailer that charged his batteries. If there was a small stream available he put a paddle wheel in the stream hooked to his alternator to charge the batteries.

i am thinking about building a house in the mountains but the electricity does not work much of the time. This makes a fridge unusable. I was thinking about hooking up a 12 volt system for the house. there is a stream on the property that runs year round. Are the inverters available here in thailand ?