SURVEY: Did the US elect the right person as President?

Scott

SURVEY: Is President-elect, Donald, the right person to be the next President?  

504 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps ole Slow Joe finally caught on!

Biden says leaving White House ‘in good hands

Vice President Joe Biden says he’s not worried about the incoming administration’s readiness to take over the White House.

Biden told reporters after meeting with Vice President-elect Mike Pence on Wednesday that he’s “confident on day one everything will be in good hands.”

http://www.breitbart.com/news/the-latest-biden-says-leaving-white-house-in-good-hands/

Time to tell those little cupcakes it's time to give it up...:smile:

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

He has the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court and an electoral mandate.  He will be just fine.

More superficial hubris plse thx because the mental block that all Republicans are, well, all Republicans might not hold up entirely or forever....

6 issues that could pit Donald Trump against the GOP Congress  

Donald Trump is the president-elect of the United States, and he's got a Republican-controlled House and Senate to pass his every legislative whim.

Except, not really.

The reality is that Trump's unorthodox candidacy included many unorthodox positions for a Republican — positions voters might have eaten up, but that the GOP Congress may be more reluctant to embrace. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/10/6-issues-that-could-pit-donald-trump-vs-the-gop-congress/

As the cliche' crowd likes to say, time will tell. We already know Trump lost the Popular Vote to Hillary Clinton which the Right Sector continues to deny and is determined to dismiss.

42 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

KEEP MARCHING, SORE LOSERS: Half of Americans More Confident in Trump Since Election.

Indeed...:smile:

From your link thx...

The fact that similar percentages of Americans say they have more confidence in Trump in the days after his election as did so for Bush and Clinton is notable, given that Trump is much less popular as president-elect than they were. Trump's favorable rating measured 42% in the Nov. 9-13 survey, compared with Bush's 59% and Clinton's 58% after they were elected.

Fact remains Donald Trump is the most unpopular Potus-Elect ever. Unsurprisingly, Trump has lost the Popular Vote of the voters to Hillary Clinton. Trump by the Popular Vote count is the Unpopular Potus-Elect.

My god, Trump is even more unpopular than Hillary Clinton! 

Far far far less popular than Ronald Maximus. 

Trump's baseline is under water as he with a great confusion and commotion is failing to prepare to enter the White House. If as his presidency begins Donald Trump stays in the White House more than a few dayze or so at a time. The heat is already so strong in Washington that Trump has become holed up at Faulty Tower in NYC. 

He's left the multiplicity of power pumpers seeking executive office in the U.S. Government to the chaotic transition committee in Washington chaired by the meek and mousy Mike Pence. Rabid Rudy is for one eating them up in his ravaging ambition to hit record personal profits abroad as SecState wannabe.

The Boyz.

On 11/15/2016 at 5:59 AM, jaidam said:

I would not blame Trump for ammending the constitution to scrap all future elections, just let him pass down the crown to his kids and then their kids. I mean if the left flat-out refuse to accept the results of a free and fair election, then what is the point in having any more of them. An expensive waste of time, and a distraction from good governance.

Does that help you out with the crassness of your logic, that elections are awesome so long as my preffered candidate wins, and only then?

The left must wise up, and wise up fast. Respect this election and let the 99.9% get back on with the art of living,loving and dying without this public display of hate and stupidity.

Not only did your post with its first paragraph get four Likes, you wrote the paragraph while fully on your meds.

This time around let's dismiss the first paragraph as being merely rhetorical.

Right?

2 hours ago, tropo said:

I think it's time for a laugh.....

Yup, there are many Americans who overestimate the mental capacity of their fellow countrymen, as an outsider it was clear from the beginning that Trump did have a chance, after all, Reagan also got elected, as did Arnold for California, how many would have voted for Kim Kardashian given the choice?

40 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Yup, there are many Americans who overestimate the mental capacity of their fellow countrymen, as an outsider it was clear from the beginning that Trump did have a chance, after all, Reagan also got elected, as did Arnold for California, how many would have voted for Kim Kardashian given the choice?

LOL> Would you have voted for Kim Kardashian.

Not an American. The people have spoken despite all the MSM propaganda - they still elected this guy - of course he's the one to lead the country.

Trump is not racist, not a fascist, and not many things he's being accused of. It was obvious to me since I did some background research about this guy since I first heard about him. I'm a little bit mesmerized by some people's ignorance. This guy is a Brooklyn New York native with humble origins - he grew up in probably one of the most Cosmopolitan areas in all of US - but the media was trying to present him like some Fascist redneck from Alabama - you gotta be kidding me :) You're talking about two completely different things here.

Is he a genius? Maybe he is - he won the election didn't he, exactly as he said he would. I analyzed some of his statements for which he was heavily criticized but this guy is a pro - he knows America, he knows how to work the crowd. Not all of his statements should be taken so literally - he exaggerated his statements because that's the only effective way of communicating with the public. Nobody is going to hear you, if nobody is listening. He made sure that the whole world was listening to him since day one. He beat the "Democrats" or the establishment with his simple smart approach, perfectly calculated moves and much better strategy and tactics. He really outplayed them despite far fewer resources available to him.

let's see what he's actually going to do when he becomes president. So far he looks like a pretty capable and straightforward guy.

15 minutes ago, Jblood said:

Not an American. The people have spoken despite all the MSM propaganda - they still elected this guy - of course he's the one to lead the country.

Trump is not racist, not a fascist, and not many things he's being accused of. It was obvious to me since I did some background research about this guy since I first heard about him. I'm a little bit mesmerized by some people's ignorance. This guy is a Brooklyn New York native with humble origins - he grew up in probably one of the most Cosmopolitan areas in all of US - but the media was trying to present him like some Fascist redneck from Alabama - you gotta be kidding me :) You're talking about two completely different things here.

Is he a genius? Maybe he is - he won the election didn't he, exactly as he said he would. I analyzed some of his statements for which he was heavily criticized but this guy is a pro - he knows America, he knows how to work the crowd. Not all of his statements should be taken so literally - he exaggerated his statements because that's the only effective way of communicating with the public. Nobody is going to hear you, if nobody is listening. He made sure that the whole world was listening to him since day one. He beat the "Democrats" or the establishment with his simple smart approach, perfectly calculated moves and much better strategy and tactics. He really outplayed them despite far fewer resources available to him.

let's see what he's actually going to do when he becomes president. So far he looks like a pretty capable and straightforward guy.

"This guy is a Brooklyn New York native with humble origins"

He grew up on Jamaica Estates, Queens, only 10 miles from Brooklyn, he went to a $30,000 school and was the son of a property tycoon worth hundreds of millions, exactly how does that equate to anything humble?

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The biggest liar in American political history and yet somehow perceived as straightforward. Welcome to the post truth era of trumpmerika.

Sorry, HRC won that title long before the President - Elect came on the scene.:wai:

9 hours ago, Publicus said:

More superficial hubris plse thx because the mental block that all Republicans are, well, all Republicans might not hold up entirely or forever....

6 issues that could pit Donald Trump against the GOP Congress  

Donald Trump is the president-elect of the United States, and he's got a Republican-controlled House and Senate to pass his every legislative whim.

Except, not really.

The reality is that Trump's unorthodox candidacy included many unorthodox positions for a Republican — positions voters might have eaten up, but that the GOP Congress may be more reluctant to embrace. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/10/6-issues-that-could-pit-donald-trump-vs-the-gop-congress/

As the cliche' crowd likes to say, time will tell. We already know Trump lost the Popular Vote to Hillary Clinton which the Right Sector continues to deny and is determined to dismiss.

May I ask why you're still on about the popular vote.? Totally irrelevant and makes absolutely no difference.  I suppose if you keep on about it you get a does of happiness, even though it will be short lived, Mr. Trump will be the President  whether you like it or not.:wai:

5 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

May I ask why you're still on about the popular vote.? Totally irrelevant and makes absolutely no difference.  I suppose if you keep on about it you get a does of happiness, even though it will be short lived, Mr. Trump will be the President  whether you like it or not.:wai:

quote :  " Mr. Trump will be the President  whether you like it or not"

The US Presidency will be BRANDED Trump.

But it's unclear who really is behind the brand and if his supporters like it or not.

11 minutes ago, Opl said:

But it's unclear who really is behind the brand and if his supporters like it or not.

Wasn't the last Presidency referred to as the Obama presidency? It was also unclear as who was behind him but then with HRC, we all know who was behind her. :wai:

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A normal amount of lies for a politician but I realize many trumpists bought into the trump branding of her.

Come on, give me a break, a normal amount of lies. She wrote the lie book.  It was not only Trump tho called her out, it was the FBI as well.  Oh, heavens, that's right, poor old Comey was the villain there.  When he cleared her the first time he was a hero, then he had to re-open the investigation then, despite clearing her again, he became the devil and as the democrats allege, lost her the election.  I wish she would look in a mirror and she would realise just why she was beaten, and soundly.  Not interested in the popular vote so please don't bring that crap into the equation.:wai:

22 minutes ago, Opl said:

I'm amazed that anyone would try to use that argument. Had Clinton won, the country would probably be run by Soros, Bloomberg, the facebook guy and who knows how many overseas "investors" in the foundation, like Saudi.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm amazed that anyone would try to use that argument. Had Clinton won, the country would probably be run by Soros, Bloomberg, the facebook guy and who knows how many overseas "investors" in the foundation, like Saudi.

The truth hurts but I can't wait for the responses.:wai:

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

With HRC you know.

But with D. Trump today, In fact, it gives the Strange feeling of a man who played poker with the presidential élections. D. Trump made his show. He played and bluffed. he sowed the trouble, and on this blow he succeeded beyond his own hopes.

Like a Nero he will be manipulated by those who flatter him and those who manipulate his ego.  

48 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

If the "popular vote" theory gives them the metaphorical safe room or stuffed animal to clutch while they work through their emotional crisis :passifier:, then I cede to them that she won the popular vote margin...razor thin as it was.

While giving out consolation prizes, I'll go one better and tell them the Euros probably liked Clinton more too ! 

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

"This guy is a Brooklyn New York native with humble origins"

He grew up on Jamaica Estates, Queens, only 10 miles from Brooklyn, he went to a $30,000 school and was the son of a property tycoon worth hundreds of millions, exactly how does that equate to anything humble?

By that I meant. He's 3d generation American. His grandparents came with nothing and some of them I believe settled in Brooklyn and then worked their ass for their way up. His family history is typical American success story when hard work earns you the rewards. Hundred million dollars is hardly a tycoon, that just a poor turned wealthy American family. Any upper middle class family in NY could probably afford that school. That's pretty humble compared to something like a 5th generation Rockefeller - the mega billionaires and monopolists who are known to have earned their wealth in a not exactly so honest ways. That's totally different actually. So he comes from a family who succeeded in building successful construction business - so what's the problem, basically the guy is a builder and not a talker :) Like he has to be from a beat down unsuccessful poor family just to qualify to be the president - that's a little silly.

Archived