SURVEY: Did the US elect the right person as President?

Scott

SURVEY: Is President-elect, Donald, the right person to be the next President?  

504 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually he is correct. All powers fall, and America will fall too, eventually. I'd say China will be the next world power.

Anyway, the point I want to make is a well known saying- "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.
" http://biblehub.com/luke/11-17.htm

For sure America is a divided house.

Judging by the way the educated younger generation (students) were sobbing over this minor defeat, it's hard to believe the US can continue to be a dominant world power for too long. That's the most worrying takeaway from these elections, not who won or lost.

Just now, kevkev1888 said:

I watched that before. He's exposing his life to the world, yet many here are suggesting he's hiding from the media. What he's doing is controlling it, not hiding from it.

10 minutes ago, tropo said:

Judging by the way the educated younger generation (students) were sobbing over this minor defeat, it's hard to believe the US can continue to be a dominant world power for too long. That's the most worrying takeaway from these elections, not who won or lost.

Fortunately the hard bitten and uncompromising right winger is the exception to American society and culture.

This election we were offered the 2 worst candidates in history, TrumpaLumpa has zero government experience, he has already made a number of mistakes his choices for cabinet posts are terrible. Hillary won the popular vote at last count by 1.2 million votes. That's  more than Gore. The formal electoral vote is not until December 9 or19, the delegates can still change their votes. I also read that the chief of the NSA stated there is evidence of foreign tampering with the vote, (Russia).

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I know a German man who doesn't sleep - or not more than about 80 minutes at a time.  He lives in a tiny apartment and is clinically depressed.   Pointing at a man who doesn't sleep as a model for being a good executive is nutty.  

There was no need to get into a clinical analysis of insomnia... "He never sleeps" was not meant to be taken literally. It's an expression that can be used to describe a very hard working person.

Talking about clinical depression, I'd say you need to take meds for your condition. You continue to think of every possible thing that could go wrong under Trump leadership, and then imagine it's real, thereby intensifying your depression.

59 minutes ago, tropo said:

I watched that before. He's exposing his life to the world, yet many here are suggesting he's hiding from the media. What he's doing is controlling it, not hiding from it.

Okay there Dr. Frau, er, Freud.

It is apparent Trump has gone into a reclusive state for a while so let's hope it is to gather his thoughts, which given his scatterbrained mental processes should rather take several years and numerous shrinks. No mind however, as we might give Trump the benefit of the doubt, at least for the moment.

Trump who's never lived or worked in Washington hasn't the remotest appreciation of what being Potus is or involves (no one save for a spouse can of course fully know). Now that he's met with President Obama in the Oval Office and has received the full Monty intelligence information, he's no doubt a bit taken. For one thing, he has to figure even harder now how to try to get away with kissing Putin's arse among other new challenges, such as how to proliferate nuclear weapons globally.

Trump has shuffled from Washington to Faulty Tower to his New Jersey country club due in a large part to security considerations by what is now his personal SS. Trump for one thing seems never to have realistically expected to reside in the White House, which to him is a servant's quarters at one of his many estates. 

1325680478_select_image_14_image_0_N.jpg

Mar-a-Lago is a landmark estate in Palm Beach, Florida. Built from 1924 to 1927 by Marjorie Merriweather Post and envisioned by her as a future winter retreat of U.S. presidents; the estate is currently owned by the President-elect of the United States, Donald Trump.  (Aka Horse's Head Estate.)

Methinks we can expect that once the Trump Team of wild horses is essentially picked and in place in Washington, he will return to the capital in a grand procession reminiscent of a Caesar.

The Entertainer.

Image result for image the entertainer

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, zydeco said:

Was this same survey question asked on Thaivisa after Obama won the last two elections?  Would like to see the results, if so.

After the Obama election I said "an American is an American even if you role him in chocolate" and I was right, no change!

1 hour ago, tropo said:

I watched that before. He's exposing his life to the world, 

Yes and his family's life as well.

In another interview from October 2006, Stern tells Trump that Ivanka is looking “more voluptuous than ever,” and asks if Ivanka has gotten breast implants.
Trump says no, and adds: “I would know if she did.”

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/8/13212950/trump-howard-stern-audio-ivanka-piece-of-ass

http://www.beforeandafterceleb.com/ivanka-trump-breast-implants-rumors/

รูปภาพที่เกี่ยวข้อง

3 hours ago, Mr0Yallow said:

This election we were offered the 2 worst candidates in history, TrumpaLumpa has zero government experience, he has already made a number of mistakes his choices for cabinet posts are terrible. Hillary won the popular vote at last count by 1.2 million votes. That's  more than Gore. The formal electoral vote is not until December 9 or19, the delegates can still change their votes. I also read that the chief of the NSA stated there is evidence of foreign tampering with the vote, (Russia).

And your choices would be or better still what is your experience in order to make such comments? Yes, yes, we know she got more votes, take away the dead, illegals and multiple voters, then did she?  If you think the delegates can change their votes with out the matter ending up in front of congress and then the supreme court, you are just wishful thinking, it won't happen no matter how much you dream.  And if you believe that anyone has evidence of vote tampering by the Russians then I suggest you look out your window and count how many of these you seeing fly past.

Related image      :wai:

Two points.

Electoral college electors have the right to change their votes.

Electors are not delegates. You're thinking of party conventions. 
It's happened before and at least ONE will change them this time. (One elector said he would even before the election.)

That's already known.

Of course it won't be enough to change the president. Possibly could happen if there was a only a margin of few electoral college electors, but that's not the current situation.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html#restrictions

"Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?"

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged."

As far as Russian "tampering" in the election, that implies some kind of technical rigging such as taking over counting computers. That didn't happen. However, the Russians were working to INFLUENCE the election to trump.

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Two points.

Electoral college electors have the right to change their votes.

Electors are not delegates. You're thinking of party conventions. 
It's happened before and at least ONE will change them this time. (One elector said he would even before the election.)

That's already known.

Of course it won't be enough to change the president. Possibly could happen if there was a only a margin of few electoral college electors, but that's not the current situation.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html#restrictions

"Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?"

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged."

As far as Russian "tampering" in the election, that implies some kind of technical rigging such as taking over counting computers. That didn't happen. However, the Russians were working to INFLUENCE the election to trump.

Thanks for the correction, maybe you should do the same for the  post preceding mine, that's what I was running off.  Yes, I am aware of the article you cut and pasted but thanks anyway for taking the time to do so.  As for the Russians trying to influence the election, no one has presented any actual evidence, at least not that I can find, if you have direct factual evidence, then please let me know.

I have heard many people state this but it they had any factual evidence, I think it would be all over the MSM, yet it isn't.  I wonder why?   I have heard CNN going on about it all the time but they all ways precede their report with the usual disclaimer, "we have not been able to confirm this"  then they proceed to report it as if it was fact. :wai:

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually he is correct. All powers fall, and America will fall too, eventually. I'd say China will be the next world power.

Anyway, the point I want to make is a well known saying- "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.
" http://biblehub.com/luke/11-17.htm

For sure America is a divided house.

Unusual for the Right Sector to howl at the moon at this Forum in its religious evangelicalism and in its Mad Max end of dayze stuff.

Even my religious end of dayze crackpot paternal aunt rest her bedeviled soul kept it to within her 'Bible study' meetings with her like minded Daughters of the American Revolution wingnuts. 

Revealing though to see it here.

Rare, as I'd said. More tho plse thx from youse guyz over there on the Dark Side. 

8 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Are you able to look your at yourself in a mirror, right in the eyes, and honestly say that you believe what you have written?  He's not even sworn in yet and you are quoting doomsday already. Don't you think that his administration team, the congress and senate have inbuilt safeguards to prevent your doomsday predictions?

Yes, the world is going to change, for the better I believe but it will take time.  As for your other predictions you really don't have any idea do you , as do any of us, so please stop the scaremongering, stick to what you know, which appears to be very little.  Migration has already exploded, or where have you been for the past few years and it was the policies and actions of the Obama Administration, ably assisted by his partner in crime, HRC that caused it. :wai:    

I am predicating what I think will happen - based on the words that came out of his mouth for the past 1.5 years.  I know he vacillates more than a gorilla in heat, but there are some trends in the things he says.   If, when he's later proven to be an ass, he can say he was just kidding, or he can use some other soggy excuses, as he often does. 

Migration has exploded in the past few years, but that doesn't mean it couldn't get a lot worse.  There are still many millions in resource-poor countries who would risk death for the chance to get a foothold in Europe or North America.  

7 hours ago, tropo said:

Younger Americans are lamenting the election of a flawed candidate to the degree they love their country and want to see progression, not regression - back to McCarthyistic Nixonian daze.  

6 hours ago, tropo said:

There was no need to get into a clinical analysis of insomnia... "He never sleeps" was not meant to be taken literally. It's an expression that can be used to describe a very hard working person.

Talking about clinical depression, I'd say you need to take meds for your condition. You continue to think of every possible thing that could go wrong under Trump leadership, and then imagine it's real, thereby intensifying your depression.

I'm glad you're not my physician.  I don't suffer from depression, and if I did, I wouldn't take meds. There are healthier ways to deal with depression.  It starts with good diet, clean air, and goes on to having creative hobbies, invigorating work-outs, traveling to interesting places, and interacting with uplifting folks.  How many of those things are you doing?   .....or are you like the average Trump fan:  doing meds, hugging your guns, drinking lots of beer, complaining about how foreigners are taking jobs, and pining on how things were so much better (in the past) when white men were in charge.   

11 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I'm glad you're not my physician.  I don't suffer from depression, and if I did, I wouldn't take meds. There are healthier ways to deal with depression.  It starts with good diet, clean air, and goes on to having creative hobbies, invigorating work-outs, traveling to interesting places, and interacting with uplifting folks.  How many of those things are you doing?   .....or are you like the average Trump fan:  doing meds, hugging your guns, drinking lots of beer, complaining about how foreigners are taking jobs, and pining on how things were so much better (in the past) when white men were in charge.   

How would you presume to know the makeup of "an average Trump fan". That's absurd.

You shouldn't have taken her "Trump supports are deplorable" speech so seriously.

Even if you're not suffering from clinical depression, you're got some serious issues you need to deal with. By all means, continue with your "invigorating work-outs, good diet and clean air". That can't do you any harm, but don't shun professional help.

3 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Thanks for the correction, maybe you should do the same for the  post preceding mine, that's what I was running off.  Yes, I am aware of the article you cut and pasted but thanks anyway for taking the time to do so.  As for the Russians trying to influence the election, no one has presented any actual evidence, at least not that I can find, if you have direct factual evidence, then please let me know.

I have heard many people state this but it they had any factual evidence, I think it would be all over the MSM, yet it isn't.  I wonder why?   I have heard CNN going on about it all the time but they all ways precede their report with the usual disclaimer, "we have not been able to confirm this"  then they proceed to report it as if it was fact. :wai:

Why would a non American sitting in a foreign country assume to be privy to classified intelligence information? Because CNN says that it cannot confirm the story, then this is your argument? You want factual evidence? Go ask Vlad instead of spreading insinuations that because you don't know something then it never happened.

From a Right of center source:

Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking

"The fact-checking website Politifact says Hillary Clinton is correct when she says 17 federal intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia is behind the hacking.

“We have 17, 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyber attacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin. And they are designed to influence our election. I find that deeply disturbing,” Clinton said during Wednesday's presidential debate in Las Vegas."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

But I guess you know better than these 17 agencies.

Some people are full of it.

9 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

figures are out already!!!!.....you mean the same people who said he could not win for the past year?:cheesy:

Yep, figures are out already.   :post-4641-1156694572:       Figures have been out since November 8th.

No speculating allowed: It's the count of all ballots cast in the election November 8th.

Here are the results as of November 18, according to the Cook Political Report:

Clinton: 63,049,607  47.9%
Trump: 61,610,484   46.8% 

Clinton margin: +1,439,123  (1.1%)

Total Vote Counted to Date:  124,660,091

Ballots remaining to be counted: 2.8+ million. Don't get your hopes up either. 

Clinton is number 3 in all-time presidential popular vote totals in United States history, and her tally is still growing, largely because of uncounted ballots remaining. As of November 18, more than 2.8 million votes remained unprocessed. No candidate in American history has ever won this many popular votes and lost the presidency.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/clinton-vs-trump-popular-vote-2016-margin-lead-latest-update-results-2012-2008-2000-hillary-gore-obama-electoral-college/

Yep, the figures are out already. Since Tuesday, November 8th and still counting... 

*Deleted post edited out*

Here is the link again.

Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

Did I say something? Did 17 intelligence agencies say something? They certainly did. Being too obtuse just really  isn't working for you. Can't refute something, then try to bait the poster.

17 agencies. That's seventeen.

Well.

He's right wing.

He's the right color ... white. (OK, orange, but you get the idea.)

He's the right gender ... male.

He's the right sexual orientation ... being straight to the point of being an admitted sexual predator.

He's the right religion. Well obviously a phony "Christian" heathen but not Jewish or Muslim or something weird.

He's the right party. Republican. (See all above.)

So, sure, lots of Americans would think that's right

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well.

He's right wing.

He's the right color ... white. (OK, orange, but you get the idea.)

He's the right gender ... male.

He's the right sexual orientation ... being straight to the point of being an admitted sexual predator.

He's the right religion. Well obviously a phony "Christian" heathen but not Jewish or Muslim or something weird.

He's the right party. Republican. (See all above.)

So, sure, lots of Americans would think that's right

Don't you think him calling himself a Republican was merely a flag of convenience?

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Don't you think him calling himself a Republican was merely a flag of convenience?

Not if you consider the cabinet he's assembling. There's more to the presidency than just one man.

10 hours ago, Publicus said:

Okay there Dr. Frau, er, Freud.

It is apparent Trump has gone into a reclusive state for a while so let's hope it is to gather his thoughts, which given his scatterbrained mental processes should rather take several years and numerous shrinks. No mind however, as we might give Trump the benefit of the doubt, at least for the moment.

Trump who's never lived or worked in Washington hasn't the remotest appreciation of what being Potus is or involves (no one save for a spouse can of course fully know). Now that he's met with President Obama in the Oval Office and has received the full Monty intelligence information, he's no doubt a bit taken. For one thing, he has to figure even harder now how to try to get away with kissing Putin's arse among other new challenges, such as how to proliferate nuclear weapons globally.

Trump has shuffled from Washington to Faulty Tower to his New Jersey country club due in a large part to security considerations by what is now his personal SS. Trump for one thing seems never to have realistically expected to reside in the White House, which to him is a servant's quarters at one of his many estates. 

1325680478_select_image_14_image_0_N.jpg

Mar-a-Lago is a landmark estate in Palm Beach, Florida. Built from 1924 to 1927 by Marjorie Merriweather Post and envisioned by her as a future winter retreat of U.S. presidents; the estate is currently owned by the President-elect of the United States, Donald Trump.  (Aka Horse's Head Estate.)

Methinks we can expect that once the Trump Team of wild horses is essentially picked and in place in Washington, he will return to the capital in a grand procession reminiscent of a Caesar.

The Entertainer.

Image result for image the entertainer

I can't reveal my sources, but I've heard that Trump not gonna move in to the white house, but considers renting it out.

I also heard he's currently in advanced negotiations with some black people.

President Trump is an idiot!  The whole world outside the US will be laughing for the next 4 years .  

Just look at him , look at the way he talks and the way he walks. And his hair for God's sake! 

7 minutes ago, balo said:

President Trump is an idiot!  The whole world outside the US will be laughing for the next 4 years .  

Just look at him , look at the way he talks and the way he walks. And his hair for God's sake!

Kim Jong-un would be a better choice.  Dynamite haircut, cherubic smile and the way he waddles is sooo cute!  /S

6 hours ago, balo said:

First prize for the most intelligent assessment of your new president-elect.

Archived