Can I get a Thai IDP with my Thai MB licence?

FforestFach

I have a five year Thailand motorbike licence based on passing all Thailand driving tests. I have an extension of stay based on retirement (originally an OA non-imm visa). Is it possible to get an International Driving Permit for motorbikes from my local/Phuket licence office so I can legally drive motorbikes in Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia when I visit there? Thanks for your help.

Second previous post.

Of course Thai IDPs are issued by DLT.

I do not know a reason why a foreigner with a 5 yr licence could not get one.

(and indeed no IDP based on temporary license)

I learned that some DLTs do no issue directly but send data to Bangkok and get IDP returned.

Might take some days.

12 hours ago, FforestFach said:

Many thanks KhunBenq and Georgy, I'll go to the Phuket licence test centre next week.

Take existing thai driver license(s), passport, adress confirmation and photos with you.

It may take you less then 1h to get. cost around 5-600THB.

It is issued in the provincial headquarters only, not in branches.

i.e. Cha-Am does not issue, you need go Phetchaburi. Or Pranburi -> Prachuap

FYI I went to the Phuket driving test/licence office last Tuesday week and returned to collect the IDP the next day, cost B505, valid one year. Documents required - original certificate of residence (from immigration office), copies of passport, visa, departure form and two passport photos. Easy process, thanks for the advice.

Posts Removed - Forum Rules -

13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.