Working out average cost of a AC

Chuckles78

5 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

Is this on about inverter units?  I'm a born-again convert for inverters.  I replaced a 9K BTU "standard" AC with a 12K BTU inverter and I couldn't be happier.  (I could explain the reason for that but maybe not now).   Anyway... I run the inverter about 18 hours per day versus 10 for the old one and the electric bill is maybe 200 baht LESS comparing to one year ago (6 months running so far).

I especially like the "dry"  (dehumidify) option for sleeping.  It just goes phhh all night and I can breathe without allergies kicking in.  I love it.

That is probably the best part of the inverter type, the compressor throttles down but keeps running taking the humidity out the whole time instead of running full blast, shutting off, then full blast again. It also doesn't have the big start up Amp draw either.

Thanks Crossy. I got a good idea now of average cost.

As to some of the other posts, I'm aware of inverter aircons or "other variables", insulation etc, but that wasn't the question at hand. 

We use our aircons late arvo after sunset for 3-4 hrs (at max) and then switch to fans and the a/c stays off until the next day. 

I got 3 acs in my rented house. one big monster on the main floor I don't dare to use. but the one in the main bedroom is a 25 year old Misabitshy (sp) that we use at night. it is still 33c here and cost me 3500 bt a month.  small price to pay for sleeping well at night.