Car Service

junglechef

Need 80,000 km service on Hyundai H1 van.

Change oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, auto transmission fluid and transfer case fluid

Hyundai dealer wants 8,500 bht but since my 3 yr warranty just ended I don't need to service there anymore to keep warranty good.

Looking for trustworthy and capable shop to service for a bette price.

Any suggestions appreciated.

7 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

Please excuse me, I don't mean to be provocative but..., can you not do it yourself ?

Maybe if I studied youtube tutorials, bought the tools and was very lucky, I imagine it would be another case of me fixing one thing while I break two, since I'm not experienced in car mechanics so I'd probably mess it up.

Talking about mess I am also not interest in getting dirty doing it nor have a place I'd be willing it spill oil and other fluids on my property.

So probably I can if I had to but since I don't I definitely have no interest trying.

I expect this is another case of "anything is easy if you know how".

They change fluids at the Caltex station on the Mae Jo Road. Left side coming from the city. There is a Big C mini-market there. When you go into the gas station, there is a bay next to the car wash, specifically for changing fluids.

Haven't used the service myself but see it all the time when I get a car wash. Plenty of expensive cars having fluids changed.

21 hours ago, elektrified said:

Travel to Hang Dong for an oil change and fluid top-up???

Well Ton and his team will give it a full check over while its there.After 80,000 km would be surprised if someting else doent need some attention.

Ton is building a new business and going way past what is expected of a service. If you have his sticker on your back window he will repair flat tyres for no charge and recently got his guy to come into town with a new battery for me as I was grounded .it was all done in an hour and he didnt want to charge for travel time.

Ive been wih this families auto services for almost 10 years,honest as the days long.Its only a km from Makro hardly in the boon docks its more Mae Hia than Hang Dong.        Read the thread you wont find a negative comment

At the corner of the twisty San Sai hiway and the MaeJo golf turnoff, a red-light intersection, i stopped at the auto parts shop right on the corner.  No speaking thai so communications poor until clerk made a phone call and a minute later the chief mechanic came round from the big repair shop in the rear and talked to me in good English.  I never knew about the shop coz not visible from road, unless you read the thai script.  I drove back into the shop, a dozen workmen, talked over the problem and half hour later all done, done well, at the great price.  

I'll be going back when my tender wheels need love.

3 hours ago, jobin said:

At the corner of the twisty San Sai hiway and the MaeJo golf turnoff, a red-light intersection, i stopped at the auto parts shop right on the corner.  No speaking thai so communications poor until clerk made a phone call and a minute later the chief mechanic came round from the big repair shop in the rear and talked to me in good English.  I never knew about the shop coz not visible from road, unless you read the thai script.  I drove back into the shop, a dozen workmen, talked over the problem and half hour later all done, done well, at the great price.  

I'll be going back when my tender wheels need love.

That's my neighborhood so interested but not sure I understand directions.

Is that light after the 7/11 coming from 1001 on 1376 where they just widened the road?

How many traffic signals between San Sai town and MaeJo University ( big hiway 1001)?  As far as i can recall, one and only one. So go to that corner, see the big car parts shop, then ask or simply drive in the tiny lane next to car parts shop.

4 hours ago, jobin said:

How many traffic signals between San Sai town and MaeJo University ( big hiway 1001)?  As far as i can recall, one and only one. So go to that corner, see the big car parts shop, then ask or simply drive in the tiny lane next to car parts shop.

That road doesn't have any twists in it but it does have ONE name :smile: