November 15, 20169 yr Dear forum members, I'm a Belgian guy that's planning on going to stay in Thailand for a period of 3 months. Now i was wondering which visa would suit best for me. -Should I get a single entry (3month) tourist visa and extend it for 30 days at the Thai immigration office in Bangkok. I read somewhere that the 3 month single entry visa only grants a period of stay of 60 days so I'm not quite sure this could be extended? -Or get a 6 month multiple entry visa and extend after the first 60 days, or if not possible do a border crossing? And does it matter which country you go to when exiting and re-entering the country? Best regards, Jo
November 15, 20169 yr You can extend the 60 day entry from a single entry tourist visa for a 30 days at immigration without a problem. Certainly no reason to get a multiple entry visa.
November 15, 20169 yr There's no need or advantage in getting a 6 month METV. Get a SETV. You must enter within 3 months of the visas issue date. On entry you'll be given permission to stay for 60 days. Towards the end of the 60 days you can apply for a 30 day extension of stay at a local immigration office for 1,900 baht.
Create an account or sign in to comment