Thai celebrity speaker denied visa to US

webfact

10 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

She hopes for a reversal of the decision with some ' better ' paperwork !

Now what exactly does that mean and where will she be getting it from, Kao San Road ?

it  requires many "0's" after it 10'0000   100'0000 etc

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife got a 10 yr visa to the usa without any issues.  we brought in a stack of paper work, and they didnt even review.  As we made a lot of effort and spent money on tranalating docements etc etc I was a bit surprised.  the io said to me, she is your wife, if she wants to imigrate, there isnt anything we can do to prevent that from happening.

I was really surprised by how care free they were about the process, and she got a 10 year visa. 

1 hour ago, Dustdevil said:

Every country in the world has the right to arbitrarily deny a visa at the consular level, and they do...and they do not have to explain the reason(s). The visa officer has that power and does not have to check with his/her superior. Furthermore upon arrival, immigration officers have the very same power. Some naive travelers think international travel is a "fundamental human right." (I've actually seen that here in TV.)

International travel IS a fundamental human right, as long as you stay in International Waters...

She may be famous in pasa tai, but she ain't famous in English (except for getting denied a visa).  Maybe learn how to make a web page in English?  Just a thought for "celebrity" Thai people who want to expand their fame beyond Thailand or LaLa land 555

Edited by SiSePuede419
Clarify.

13 hours ago, halloween said:

Doesn't the US have laws regarding working on a tourist visa? I'm sure they have enough home-grown BS artists.

They sure do. One of them just got elected to be the next President.

15 hours ago, jaltsc said:

“…does not have regular work..”

"Celebrity Speaker"  Is that what they call them these days?

Well, maybe she'd be better than Old Hillary for what she charges. At least it would be fresh material instead of the same tired old poop about how she should have been President.

14 hours ago, halloween said:

Doesn't the US have laws regarding working on a tourist visa? I'm sure they have enough home-grown BS artists.

"I'm sure they have enough home-grown BS artists."

Absolutely.  One is, and another almost just got to be, elected president!  'Wouldn't blame Thailand a bit for denying entry to either one, though few would seriously accuse either one of trying to do any "work"...   But to be perfectly honest, balanced and fair, "BS artist" fits the description of every career politician who's ever lived (and most lawyers) everywhere in the world.

But just out of curiosity, why would anyone want to go hear a speaker preach on self-improvement who can't handle her own finances?

It seems some guys here are saying they have had trouble getting visas for their Thai wives to visit the states with them. I thought if she's your wife (you being American) then she automatically gets to enter the states. Huh?

Wow.  This post certainly brought all the most cynical and snippy people out in force.  No, farangs do not need a certain amount of money to get a visa to Thailand.  That is only true if you plan to stay for an extended period.  Attractive, younger Thai women have the biggest problem to get a visa to visit the USA.  The reason is the faux issue of trafficking is riding a 15 year bandwagon of extreme exaggeration and moral confusion.  Consular officers have huge discretion to make decisions regarding any visa and it is safer for them to say "No" than it is to risk letting someone in who will make negative news later for any reason.  

16 hours ago, irwinfc said:

is she the only one in Thailand capable of doing whatever it is she intends to do there? if so, does she have to be there in person? surely internet speed here is enough for a remote link. not newsworthy. i wonder why it's here.

You know why it is here,to fire up the jaded members of this forum.

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

It seems some guys here are saying they have had trouble getting visas for their Thai wives to visit the states with them. I thought if she's your wife (you being American) then she automatically gets to enter the states. Huh?

My GF comes to visit me in the states all the time and she got a 10 year visa on her own. She gets 180 day stamps. So it really depends. 

As far as wives, it is not exactly automatic. Some categories of "former occupation" are banned from entering the US. haha
Also, there is about a 6-8 month waiting period.  

15 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

Every country in the world has the right to arbitrarily deny a visa at the consular level, and they do...and they do not have to explain the reason(s). The visa officer has that power and does not have to check with his/her superior. Furthermore upon arrival, immigration officers have the very same power. Some naive travelers think international travel is a "fundamental human right." (I've actually seen that here in TV.)

spoken like a true consular visa dept employee or wannabe.

Man I have been trying to get visa for my Tgf soon to be wife for Canada.  not easy as I tried few years back. she doesn't work..total dependant on me. we have son together. I will try again.

And BTW they seem to let any one else in the country.

My GF comes to visit me in the states all the time and she got a 10 year visa on her own. She gets 180 day stamps. So it really depends. 

As far as wives, it is not exactly automatic. Some categories of "former occupation" are banned from entering the US. haha
Also, there is about a 6-8 month waiting period.  

Hmmm. Didn't the President Elect's current wife manage to get a US visa? Maybe there are some exceptions![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 11/16/2016 at 4:12 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The items above I agree about.

The ones below, I don't:

-you have a confirmed inbound and outbound reservation

[we didn't, because we were awaiting her getting the visa or not  And no one asked her about that at all. ]

-you have sufficient funds to cover living expenses

[my wife brought all kinds of financial docs, both her own and mine, but the staff asked for and looked at none of it]

-you have a valid requirement to return to your home country

[I don't know what a "valid requirement" means in this situation. In our case, my wife has a multi-year Thai employment contract with substantial penalties if she breaks it. But again, they weren't interested to see that).

Supporting DOCS are a must: itinerary, hotel confirmations, rental car confirmations,"

[We had none of that other than our stated plan for a 1+ week trip to visit my father because, again, it all depended on her getting the visa. And, we weren't asked documents regarding any of that.]

As I said above, other than the basic verbal interview questions, the only two things they seemed keenly interested in in terms of supporting docs was the letter of invite from my father, and my own history of Thai retirement extensions.

Obviously, everyone's application is different, so the Embassy officers may well ask for different things in different situations. I can only speak to our experience in the past couple months.

Holding a valid reservation does mean a ticket but an itinerary with flight nos, dates and routes.

You have no idea what was reviewed by visa officer before the interview took place.

The fact your missus had a job waiting for her to return is exactly the compelling need to return.

The most important concept is that visa officers are not there to assist you but keep you out if you dont meet their requirements!

20 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Man I have been trying to get visa for my Tgf soon to be wife for Canada.  not easy as I tried few years back. she doesn't work..total dependant on me. we have son together. I will try again.

And BTW they seem to let any one else in the country.

Try to let them know that she is not an immigrant or refugee but she would have more right than them by yourself being able to provide.

Kido Trudeau might like this.

1 hour ago, rodroy said:

You have no idea what was reviewed by visa officer before the interview took place.

Some things relevant to your prior post I do know...

Specifically, that the visa officer could not have reviewed any itinerary information for my wife's planned trip -- or any ticket bookings or reservations for anything -- because she didn't have any at that point.

She included none of that in her online application filing. And she brought no paperwork on that when she went for her interview, because as I previously said, she didn't have any reservations or bookings at that point in time, prior to receiving approval for her visa.

What she did have and say in her application was simply her stated intention for a 1-week trip to the U.S. with me to visit my father there.

Bottom line: I wanted my wife to be prepared, so she brought with her about 6 different topic-arranged folders of all kinds of other documents pertinent to her application, me and her. All the kinds of things mentioned on the visa application website and elsewhere.

And in the end, the only paperwork -- apart from her actual application -- that the visa officers wanted to see was the invitation letter from my father and the paperwork on my extension of stay history.  Everything else she brought, they never asked for and didn't look at.