Australia partner visa

georgemandm

Hi all,

just letting members on TVF know how my parent visa is going if you are  deciding to take your wife or your partner back to live in  Australia.

The married and partner visa have the same  criteria but  different paper work .

If you are going to try and take the thai back don't use a visa  Agency at all , but if you think you can't do it your self then go ahead and use the Agency , it is not that hard to do but lots of paperwork and lots of time .

Lodged The visa paperwork at vfsglobal 4 weeks ago and was told by the lady who  received the paperwork that it will take 4 weeks to be  notified to do the  police check and  medical exam , this was not true at all was miss  lead by her .

After 4 weeks of waiting we did not have contact from  immigration , so as I want to go home I sent email to see how it is all going , had one email back from vfsglodal saying out of they hands up to Australia  immigration , i than sent email to Australia  immigration Bangkok, get email back saying to contact vfsglodal , was not happy at .

Then later on in the day just out of the blue get email again from Australia  immigration 

Answering my request for information about the partner visa which made me happy and can now plan for my trip back home next month.

Was told that the visa can take up to 12 months that I knew already good , but was told it can take 4 to 5 months to  process the visa and after that time she will be  notified to do her  police check and her  medical exam .

In the mean time we did get a  tourist Visa for 3 months  for her  to go Back to Australia. 

Then when she comes back to thailand she can do her checks and hop she can get a tourist visa to go back to Australia again.

Australian immigration Is not giving out 12 months   Tourist visa  any more I have been try to get one and friends of mine have been trying with no hop .

To me it looks like lots of western are  wanting to take they thai partners back home now as when I   Lodged The paperwork some 4 weeks ago the place was very busy with lots of people last year not so busy .

Hop this helps out TVF members in the future when thinking of doing those visas .

VFS is a nightmare designed by lazy embassies to farm out most of the leg work. Its a disgrace as an Australian citizen you cant deal with your own embassy. They sent me there to get citizenship for my 2 girls and no one in there had a clue. Im not dirty on the Thais that work there, but for certain things and I think spouse visa is one that you should be able to deal with Australian citizens in your own embassy who actually know what the process entails. Rant over

6 minutes ago, starky said:

VFS is a nightmare designed by lazy embassies to farm out most of the leg work. Its a disgrace as an Australian citizen you cant deal with your own embassy. They sent me there to get citizenship for my 2 girls and no one in there had a clue. Im not dirty on the Thais that work there, but for certain things and I think spouse visa is one that you should be able to deal with Australian citizens in your own embassy who actually know what the process entails. Rant over

Coudnt agree more

OP, as you said, VFS tells you to contact the embassy then the embassy tells you to contact VFS. 

Open other end.

We had a situation when applying for tourist visa, the embassy called my wife and left a message to call the embassy to clarify some information, called the embassy and they woudnt put us through, told us to call VFS.