Chicken sandwiches at Bangkok's Siam Square contaminated with antibiotics, but not over allowable standard

webfact

Very hard to eat anything that isn't contaminated.  the amount of doxy is practically infinitesimal. Fish is mostly contaminated with heavy metals and antibiotics.  The salmon that comes out of Norway is near poison. the farmed tilapia out of Vietnam same. Veggies here in Thailand. Most come from China. Good luck trying to avoid stuff. Unless you have a Rockefeller bank account and or grow your food.

Best is to keep your self as healthy as possible so your immune system can fight of cancers like it does in most healthy people. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NickJ said:

Very hard to eat anything that isn't contaminated.  the amount of doxy is practically infinitesimal. Fish is mostly contaminated with heavy metals and antibiotics.  The salmon that comes out of Norway is near poison. the farmed tilapia out of Vietnam same. Veggies here in Thailand. Most come from China. Good luck trying to avoid stuff. Unless you have a Rockefeller bank account and or grow your food.

Best is to keep your self as healthy as possible so your immune system can fight of cancers like it does in most healthy people. 

Excellent post!!

On 17/11/2016 at 9:20 AM, lee b said:

Maybe this could be due to the fact the chickens in Thailand could also be addicted to antibiotics .

Like the chickens have a choice...factory farming is an appalling way to produce food.

Anywhere...

Edited by Bluespunk

On 11/17/2016 at 1:20 PM, Bonobojt said:

glad to be a vegetarian

Unless you grow vegetables yourself, you're worse off I'm afraid. I make it a point to avoid vegetables and any meat in Thailand due to respectively pesticides and formaldehyde (I kid you not) and antibiotics in over abundancy.

Means I'm down to imported veg, cheese, bread and butter from Australia and real freshly caught seafood.

Thankfully I'm not overly keen on rice, either!

From my understanding, while subway is an American brand, the local franchisees here are owned by different people depending on the location. The Siam Square and MBK ones are owned by two fat Thai Indian "tailors" I think. They also own the chocolate shop at Central Embassy. I always stay away from outlets run by Thai-Indians and mainland Indians. NRI indians from US, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia I do not mind.

5 hours ago, lucky11 said:

It's OK, I have been vegetarian (well, pescatarian actually) as I eat fish, for 20 years. I am in several health groups on FB and have carried out health research for a long while now. I have educated myself on health and all of the conditions I had (there were numerous) have all cleared up now including my 'incurable' ulcerative colitis that dogged me for 30 years!! I am in a better place now than I could ever have imagined I would be.

Glad you educated yourself.  you and I are the same.  we cant rely on others to see the truth.  when I told my wife I was abducted she wouldnt talk to me, now she comes to visit every 4th tuesday and the nurse wheels me out into the garden.

13 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Oh yes your right I forgot, meat has Saturated fat, trans fat, Cholesterol.... enjoy :) 

It seems that you also 'forgot' that meat does have substantial nutritional value.

On 17/11/2016 at 4:49 PM, ChrisY1 said:

Have to agree with you there....but where in Thailand can you get organic vegetables......are they labelled so?

Central, Emporium, Tops, Tesco, Foodland...you know, supermarkets.

41 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

It seems that you also 'forgot' that meat does have substantial nutritional value.

whatever nutrition it has, it comes with too much baggage, trans fat and cholesterol, its acidic, hard to digest, meat should be a side dish every now and then, maybe a few times a month, organic local meat, not a problem, but most people eat meat 2 or 3 times a day, and the meat is not organic, its mostly factory farmed animals with antibiotics in them to keep up with the high demand. If you eat too much sick animals, if you consume death on a daily basis, including cows milk, butter and eggs then your health will pay the price some day,  just look on this forum, all these guys with cancer.

also meat is number 1 contributor to climate change, watch Cowspiracy documentary, our high demand for meat is killing humans and the planet.  

1 minute ago, Bonobojt said:

whatever nutrition it has, it comes with too much baggage, trans fat and cholesterol, its acidic, hard to digest, meat should be a side dish every now and then, maybe a few times a month, organic local meat, not a problem, but most people eat meat 2 or 3 times a day, and the meat is not organic, its mostly factory farmed animals with antibiotics in them to keep up with the high demand. If you eat too much sick animals, if you consume death on a daily basis, including cows milk, butter and eggs then your health will pay the price some day,  just look on this forum, all these guys with cancer.

also meat is number 1 contributor to climate change, watch Cowspiracy documentary, our high demand for meat is killing humans and the planet.  

So I'm right, meat does have nutritional value.   The rest of what you said above is just your, or someone else's, opinion, not fact.   And as for "all these guys with cancer on this forum", are you crazy, what are you talking about?

On 17/11/2559 at 4:34 PM, elgordo38 said:

Contaminated but not over the limit WOW how inspiring. Sorry Mr. Government which one is it????

Contaminated, most likely should have been contained/added. All chickens are given drugs to protect them before 

they are killed. If you sample any chicken in the USA. You will also find antibiotics. Same in all beef and pork.

Sorry Ms. Government, I didn't translate the Thai story to English.

Grow up ???

6 minutes ago, bark said:

Contaminated, most likely should have been contained/added. All chickens are given drugs to protect them before 

they are killed. If you sample any chicken in the USA. You will also find antibiotics. Same in all beef and pork.

Grow up ???

So labels are not truthful/accurate? For example, I had 2 sandwiches in the past week, both labeled "hormone and antibiotic free" ( Pret-A-Manger and Fresh&Co, NYC). 

26 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

So labels are not truthful/accurate? For example, I had 2 sandwiches in the past week, both labeled "hormone and antibiotic free" ( Pret-A-Manger and Fresh&Co, NYC). 

USA and Thailand have different standards. What country do you live in ?

7 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Oh god another self righteous vegan preaching his cult to the masses. Those very same people who eat the animals food.

7 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

That was in the US. I found it reassuring, perhaps naively 

Honestly in the States it is more of a big deal. Subway USA may even use Organic chicken, I 'm not sure.

But in Thailand where I live for the past 15 years; I am happy to see traces of antibiotics. Safer.

cheers.

7 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

The only difference is that Organic isn't treated with anything that is not natural. 

So if you don't eat meat, you must be vegan ?

If you do not eat organic vegetables, you are eating vegetables which are treated with pesticides.

Good luck with that !

2 hours ago, bark said:

Grow up ???

Ah yes I get it they are trying to create a Soylent Green moment for chickens the scene where Edward G. Robinson is cashing in his chips laying on a couch with his favorite music playing. I guess there is a difference in taste in a contented chicken when it is slaughtered vs. a distressed chicken. Almost makes one to chicken to eat chicken. Cluck Cluck. 

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

So labels are not truthful/accurate? For example,

Yes I am afraid your right. We are all a little late for the governments liars party. The problem and good thing of course is that you can make numbers read anything that your little ole heart desires. For example your dating a beautiful girl that keeps telling you "Darling I want to save it for the marriage bed" You simple say lets get married in 30 days (He wants to make hay while the sun is shining) she accepts his numbers and wham bam thank you mam. 

4 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Ah yes I get it they are trying to create a Soylent Green moment for chickens the scene where Edward G. Robinson is cashing in his chips laying on a couch with his favorite music playing. I guess there is a difference in taste in a contented chicken when it is slaughtered vs. a distressed chicken. Almost makes one to chicken to eat chicken. Cluck Cluck. 

Your old, dude.

3 hours ago, bark said:

Honestly in the States it is more of a big deal. Subway USA may even use Organic chicken, I 'm not sure.

But in Thailand where I live for the past 15 years; I am happy to see traces of antibiotics. Safer.

cheers.

Wasn't there a topic here a couple of days ago about the over use of antibiotics in Thailand?  Doctors, pharmacists, mum and pop stores and everyone else using and distributing the drug and over use is putting those in Thailand at risk.  A bottle of Chang thanks and can drop an antibiotic tab in it.

38 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Wasn't there a topic here a couple of days ago about the over use of antibiotics in Thailand?  Doctors, pharmacists, mum and pop stores and everyone else using and distributing the drug and over use is putting those in Thailand at risk.  A bottle of Chang thanks and can drop an antibiotic tab in it.

If you or someone in your family gets sick; what do you do ?

No one forces people to go to get med's. Your choice to use antibiotics or natural solutions.

And which is better for you. A small and legal amount of antibiotics in your chicken or Bird Flu ?

RE: Chang Beer etc. Do you think Thailand has a alcohol problem.

Enjoy your beer. Cheers

On 17/11/2559 at 1:20 PM, lee b said:

Maybe this could be due to the fact the chickens in Thailand could also be addicted to antibiotics .

Chickens only live for less then 50 days; before they are killed. Not long enough time to send them to Drug clinics.

On 11/21/2016 at 3:28 AM, Bonobojt said:

There is very little trans fat contained in lean meat and it is naturally occurring as opposed to the manufactured trans fats found in processed foods. Since there have been no studies large enough to determine any negative effects of consuming these naturally-occurring trans fats, anybody claiming they are bad for your health would be stating an opinion not fact. Using phrases such as "consuming death" clearly shows you have an agenda here and are more interested in foisting your opinions on others than discussing scientific facts.

Edited by Mark123456