Cheapest transfer money from Australia to Thailand please

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some up to date info on sending money from Australia to Thailand please.

About ($650 AUD each transaction)

Westpac slug me $20 a hit and the receiving Kasikorn Bank takes anything from 200B to 400B

at the other end.

If anybody has a cheaper easy way I would be very grateful

Thanks in Advance..

On 18/11/2016 at 11:17 AM, patwill said:

Thanks guys,

Bathsmart (mark5335) looks good , and a much better rate than Westpac .

Is there any catch?

I don't think so. There's some further info in the following older thread:

On 18/11/2016 at 0:00 PM, keeniau96 said:

I looked at bahtsmart site, looks good but is it ony Au$-baht? How about baht->India rupees? Os US$->baht? Could not make the site change currencies.

As far as I'm aware BahtSmart is useful for people sending AUD from Australia to Thailand only (it actually states that on their website). The same company also has a similar product for sending HKD from Hong Kong to Thailand.

The Bahtsmart exchange rate is not very good. For 1000 AUD, it is offering 25,441 THB. Since the international rate is 26.10 baht to the dollar, you'd be losing about $64 on $1000 due the inferior exchange rate.

Transferwise is offering 25,679 baht for $1000 (including the $14.79 fee) although it takes a few days to arrive.

https://transferwise.com/au

I have been using transfer wise for quite a while now, it is the best I have been able to find and pays the mid market rate, last week with the cost of the transfer taken out I still got over 26 baht to the aussie dollar. Sent it Wednesday had it thursday evening, cant complain.

I send by ANZ $ 18 regardless of amount (much like the other banks ), but not the same price to my Bangkok bank acc.

Will always be 200 - 400 bht Thai end regardless of amount - Takes 2 days pending at what time you send & always in AUD

Commonwealth is an absolute rip off EG I think & $30 trans fee Also when used abroad a $12 purchase fee for shop use / $30 fee to withdraw cash at ATM

& then the Thai fees

19 minutes ago, gaviny said:

Really , so it's not transferred to a Thai bank, so where do you collect?That'd be better than OFX.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

It does go straight to my Thai bank acc. You have set a beneficiary up so you can transfer the money. I don't pay any fees. Only downside is it takes a couple of days to get to it. Upside is I get a better rate then the bank in Thailand is offering. Have a look at worldfirst website. I would never ever use an international bank transfer.  

It does go straight to my Thai bank acc. You have set a beneficiary up so you can transfer the money. I don't pay any fees. Only downside is it takes a couple of days to get to it. Upside is I get a better rate then the bank in Thailand is offering. Have a look at worldfirst website. I would never ever use an international bank transfer.  

Thanks for the heads up , Bob, my Thai bank , Bangkok Bank deducts a fee.Whose's your bank.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Youbloodybeauty said:

Hi pgs, is that to any Thai bank please?

From their website it looks like you need a Citibank account in Thailand.

Sorry, I didn't get back to this one. I don't often log-in.

Any bank, ours usually go to KTB or Bangkok Bank.

Citi to Citi would be good, but TH Citi is NOT part of the "Immediate Transfer Group", so it takes a couple of days still.

Remember to add a phone number to the notes and something like 'Family Support' as a reason. If you miss those things, you will be called & it will be delayed.

53 minutes ago, pgs said:

Remember to add a phone number to the notes and something like 'Family Support' as a reason. If you miss those things, you will be called & it will be delayed.

Thanks for that pgs, I only posted today anyway :)

I have a Citibank Plus account, so seems the best way to go. Will be a few $10K amounts as we are having a house built.

6 minutes ago, 11223344 said:

Get Citibank Australia account - no fees to withdraw from the Citibank Thailand atm and mid exchange rate

Yes it's a good account for travel. Good exchange rate and no fees.
Problem is there are no Citibank ATM's in Phuket.

Cheers.

Archived