Did I get this right "Good Guys in Bad Guys Out"

bokningar

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

I can't imagine any person who is as critical of other humans as you are could be any better than the people you deride. You take this to a new level. To a level which most "normal" people would consider offensive. 

Interestingly, 254 posts all pretty much aimed at the same subject, other miscreant foreigners in Thailand, bar girl prostitutes and alcohol, difficult to understand what it's all about.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

No i keep a safe distance from them as i do most foreigners.

Why do you deliberately avoid foreigners?

Are you worried they might see through you in a way Thais might not be able to?

Edited by YeahSiam

Well Thailand need foreigners who are here on legal visa and are not criminal or do any serious crime. There are many getting tourist visa, then do visa run and meanwhile work illegally all over the country. To name some are many dancers in European bars and discos in Walking Street, people working online, doing labour jobs etc. They are many with expired visa and no money doing all kind of crime to make money and stay in Thailand. On top of that many mafia guys run from their countries and get refuge here thinking no one know them. 

It is better both for foreigners and Thai people to have legal foreigners here to avoid all the fights and misunderstandings. 

19 hours ago, tropo said:

I can't imagine any person who is as critical of other humans as you are could be any better than the people you deride. You take this to a new level. To a level which most "normal" people would consider offensive. 

Quite, it's all part of the great delusion in these types. Heads so far aloof they can't see their own ar*eholes. 

He's probably a total prat but thinks he's the 'Farang Supreme' thanks to his 40K a month pension or TEFL salary and the fact that a few locals in whatever pissant slum he lives in are tolerant of his presence.

On 19-11-2016 at 1:02 AM, cyberfarang said:

Good guys in, bad guys out, simply means; welcome to the foreigners visiting or staying in Thailand who are entitled to be here and behave themselves, and contrary to that bad guys out.

I haven't noticed the "good guys in" part..I have never done anything wrong, am married, saved Thai people's live, come here for 15 years but the rules to come see my family are harder every year.

Last time i came in she checked my passport for 5 minutes, every page was examined but she couldn't find anything so let me through.

Don't they have a computer where they can see my details and record? Also i don't understand the multiple entry visa, why do i have to go make a visarun? Don't see a reason for that except that it's great for us to go on a holiday abroad. I just wished we could plan it ourselves, not the 3 months out rule.

And when they were searching for the Erawan bomber they checked/stopped me almost every day..i'm close to 2 metres tall so no way i could be the bomber right?

On 11/19/2016 at 6:07 AM, chiang mai said:

I think you need to rethink it all, unless of course you've got some verifiable numbers to support what you claim?

Firstly, Thailand is an international tourist destination and tourists tend to blow off steam, act out of character and do crazy things whilst on holiday, just like tourists do everywhere in hot climates. That doesn't mean your so called Full Moon Party idiots and alcoholics live here and need to be deported!

Secondly, just because the media make s a big deal out of the arrest of a criminal or paedophile doesn't mean there are thousands of them living here, lurking and waiting to pounce, I'm pretty  sure there are more pedo's and criminals per capita in the UK than in Thailand, should they also be deported and if so, to where!

As for sex tourists, I presume you came here for the temples and the pristine beaches, right!

What pristine beaches ?

14 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

I think that is your typical foreigner in a nut shell.

Tell me Mitkof, how long have you had this intense dislike of foreigners in Thailand and when did it start? And what nationality are you?

On 20/11/2016 at 1:29 PM, YeahSiam said:

Why do you deliberately avoid foreigners?

Are you worried they might see through you in a way Thais might not be able to?

Or is it the other way around?:smile:

I do not  deliberately avoid. I just do not personally seek out the whinging  cliques.

And I am sure Thais are as perseptive  as anyone . Hence  I am  generally accepted rather than tolerated.

On 11/19/2016 at 10:58 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

In a  strange way  I have  read the  debate about the topic as put  by the  original OP as a biopsy  of the  members ! 

Happily  this  forum is as  close  as I  get to  them !

Great minds think alike... :smile:

On 11/20/2016 at 7:28 AM, hyku1147 said:

Why are you here?

I can only speak for myself, as far as being here.  I think I am a fairly sane individual. However,  I think persons that are "completely sane" are extremely rare.  I am certainly not one of them.

Hence my presence here.  Knowing you have a "problem" is half the battle.  My Doctor tells me there's hope for a complete recovery in twenty years or so...:smile:

On 11/21/2016 at 5:18 AM, chiang mai said:

Tell me Mitkof, how long have you had this intense dislike of foreigners in Thailand and when did it start? And what nationality are you?

I do sympathize with much of Mitkof's thought process on foreigners in Thailand.  Before I go on I really do believe that "inside" we are are equal.  Both qualitatively and quantitatively, in a spiritual sense.  Actually, pure and perfect in nature.  Having said that our conditioning  from this current birth and the cumulative residual effects of births from time in memorial, pollutes and contaminates our consciousness from being in contact with the material nature.

Example;  Charles Manson is not a person I would want to associate with.  Although, inside, I believe we are the same.  Problem?  He is a total psychopath.

On the other hand, I look forward to hanging out with my buddy that just got in from San Diego He'll will be here for a couple of weeks.  I always call him a "nut" but he's crazy in a fun way with no malice ill thoughts.  give ya the shirt off his back kind of guy.  but a nut none the less.  You know what I mean.

I have lived and traveled all over the world.  I'm glad I chose Thailand to retire although honestly I miss my home in San Diego  and everything that went with it.

I live just north of Pattaya.  Even friends who are enthusiastic about "the scene" here admit it is a toilet.   Most of us have had our heads in the toilet at some time or other.  Sometimes fell asleep on it thinking, " Now this is very nice and comfortable."  I think I'll spend the night.

One friend, a long time resident here from Chicago I think put it best.  I asked him why are people so ####### weird here.  He said and particularly pertaining to Pattaya that "People here are Misfit Hedonists"  and they are trying to be something other than what they really are." Or something like that.

When I first got here I focused somewhat on networking and building up a social circle.  It was growing pretty rapidly.  I was getting invited to the "big" parties etc.

However the majority of people I met were just plain weird, in my opinion.  As I got to know people better I consistently started turning invitations down Been coming here since 1972.  I think I have a rough idea of "the  drill."

I can go on but I'm much happier hanging out with friends parents and relatives up in Issan and I'm spending more time there.  It's more fun and relaxing even with the language barrier.  Google Translate has been fun for everyone though.

So again it's not an intense dislike of foreigners."  Most just creep me out.

And I am American.

Edited by joeyg

52 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I do sympathize with much of Mitkof's thought process on foreigners in Thailand.  Before I go on I really do believe that "inside" we are are equal.  Both qualitatively and quantitatively, in a spiritual sense.  Actually, pure and perfect in nature.  Having said that our conditioning  from this current birth and the cumulative residual effects of births from time in memorial, pollutes and contaminates our consciousness from being in contact with the material nature.

Example;  Charles Manson is not a person I would want to associate with.  Although, inside, I believe we are the same.  Problem?  He is a total psychopath.

On the other hand, I look forward to hanging out with my buddy that just got in from San Diego He'll will be here for a couple of weeks.  I always call him a "nut" but he's crazy in a fun way with no malice ill thoughts.  give ya the shirt off his back kind of guy.  but a nut none the less.  You know what I mean.

I have lived and traveled all over the world.  I'm glad I chose Thailand to retire although honestly I miss my home in San Diego  and everything that went with it.

I live just north of Pattaya.  Even friends who are enthusiastic about "the scene" here admit it is a toilet.   Most of us have had our heads in the toilet at some time or other.  Sometimes fell asleep on it thinking, " Now this is very nice and comfortable."  I think I'll spend the night.

One friend, a long time resident here from Chicago I think put it best.  I asked him why are people so ####### weird here.  He said and particularly pertaining to Pattaya that "People here are Misfit Hedonists"  and they are trying to be something other than what they really are." Or something like that.

When I first got here I focused somewhat on networking and building up a social circle.  It was growing pretty rapidly.  I was getting invited to the "big" parties etc.

However the majority of people I met were just plain weird, in my opinion.  As I got to know people better I consistently started turning invitations down Been coming here since 1972.  I think I have a rough idea of "the  drill."

I can go on but I'm much happier hanging out with friends parents and relatives up in Issan and I'm spending more time there.  It's more fun and relaxing even with the language barrier.  Google Translate has been fun for everyone though.

And I am American.

lmao!  Ditto !

3 hours ago, joeyg said:

And I am American.

Most just creep me out also and for good reason. Better just to keep a safe distance from most. Far fewer problems with the Thais.