One dead as Phuket-Phatthalung bus slams pickup truck

rooster59

One dead as Phuket-Phatthalung bus slams pickup truck 

Yutthawat Lekmak

1479534060_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: One woman has died after a bus travelling from Phuket to Phatthalung slammed into a pickup truck in Ao Leuk, Krabi, yesterday afternoon (Nov 18).

The accident happened Baan Thung Song Moo 4 at 2:30pm, confirmed Capt Manas In-prom of Ao Leuk Police Station.

The driver of the pickup truck, Sasikarn Phuklarn, 32, was the sole fatality in the accident, Snr Sgt Maj Manas said.

“She was the only person in the pickup truck when the accident happened,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/one-dead-as-phuket-phatthalung-bus-slams-pickup-truck-59911.php#fO1TtJEVjjXyXs5x.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-19

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

That's a nasty bit of road past Ao Leuk, had a lot of widening construction work going on last time I passed by. If you  look at the full set of photo in Phuket News then you have to wonder if the pick-up was ghosting the wrong way ....

1479534078_2927-org.jpg

If he was he won't be doing it again....

6 minutes ago, lee b said:

If he was he won't be doing it again....

Was a she according to the report. Sole occupant of the pick-up. To be honest while the back was destroyed, the cab on the driver's side looked mostly untouched.

Edited by LivinginKata

To me it looks like the pick up was slammed in the rear and dragged into the side of the road

Look in front of the pick ups left front tyre, it looks like a drag mark on the road

Mind you with a bus driver who no doubt will lie to save his arse, we may never know what happened

Edited by monkey4u

6 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

It was 2,30 pm

Last time I checked you did not require headlights to drive in the day

it

Depends on your definition of 'Ghosting'

Someone coming head on towards me on wrong side of the road is ghosting in my book pal, time of day or headlights don't come into it, as the result shows in this instance. But hey I welcome your input and opinion...

and actually just seeing your next reply I agree with you on second veiw it does look like she was rear ended and reverse spun 

Edited by Lokie

Just now, Lokie said:

Depends on your definition of 'Ghosting'

Someone coming head on towards me on wrong side of the road is ghosting in my book pal, time of day or headlights don't come into it, as the result shows in this instance. But hey I welcome your input and opinion...

Point take, but then the pick up would be hit in the front, not the rear end

3 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

Point take, but then the pick up would be hit in the front, not the rear end

Yep I agree with you after looking again, as said my first thought was Ghosting, but I was incorrect, your are quite right mate.