Samurai gang hang dong ??

LivinLOS

Been away a couple of months and returning the Thai neighbours are telling me not to go out at night on the scooter because of Samurai gangs.. 

They claim people were killed a couple of weeks ago.. and the rumor mill is saying it happened again last night.. This is Nahm preah area but they said nong kwai / canal Rd. 

Initially I gave it the unpossible thought in my jetlagged head and ignored them.. They are all in a flap as the chinese whispers said another happened and they seem genuinely scared.. The next comedy is of course its 'burmese' out there hacking people to bits after dark.. 

I am not trying to put any credence to this, or scare anyone, etc etc etc.. I just wondered if anyones heard anything factual, or even heard same rumors. It would seem daft but I do remember a decade or two ago there were samurai bike gangs chopping people in the newspapers. 

It was on the Thai TV news yesterday that police have caught 5 members of the gang, but these gangs are still out there and the threat and dangers are very real.

Most of these thugs are made up of Tai Yai that even include girls who have a grudge against Thai society believing they have had a raw deal in the scheme of things. If out alone on the road late at night it is wise to be cautious.

Again, Thai news last night and this morning on social media...some 130 police and military raided a migrant camp in Hang Dong,  Same place that had the Thai Yai a few years back running round with swords and chains.

Cannot post the link here as is in Thai and based on previous experience Mods will delete...but there was happy snaps and video of the briefing

There then seems to have been a continuing blockade untl this morning.   Widespread support by Thais on local social media.  Lots of thums up for BIB.

Nothing about a death....and I am surre they would have reported that

May be unrelated to Hang Dong....BUT

DELETED

In the briefing I refered to in previous post there is a a few officers gathered round a table....and laid out on the table is a black T short with what certainly looks like a motorcycle gang motif in white on the front....so maybe K Gang not sure oftheir origins (as in Thai Yai or not).

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

OK a raid on a migrant camp a bit different to multiple random machete / sword attack murders in the streets for no reason.. 

Which is what my neighbours seem to believe.. 

Trying to understand which is correct. 

Who do you think we are, Reuters news agency? You have to do what the rest of us do and that is watch the reports because we know no more than you.

OK sure.. Wasnt trying to complain, but having seen no factual reports, trying to work out what is a known known (corpses ?? or news reports ??) and what is rumor..  

I find the idea of random after dark sword play, in the sleepy little village here.. A bit out of place.. 

I heard that some Thai youths had some bust ups with Tai Yais , so put out rumours that the Tai Yai were a large dangerous gang that needed to be dealt with. I think it was basically because they couldn't win the fights they picked with them.

There are a lot of rumours and that deciphered version seemed quite plausible. I couldn't find anyone who could actually specify details of these supposed sword attacks.

The most recent Thai article I can find on the raid and blockade...if Mods can please accept posted for photographic content rather than Thai language content.

DELETED

It would appear that this may well be K Gang related.

Edited by seedy
LINK

Forum Rule - 18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

14 hours ago, mamborobert said:

The most recent Thai article I can find on the raid and blockade...if Mods can please accept posted for photographic content rather than Thai language content.

DELETED

It would appear that this may well be K Gang related.

Take a screen shot and then crop only the pic and post