US police officer fatally shot while writing ticket

webfact

2 minutes ago, bokningar said:

So what about this? Since you didn't get the first one

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/12/dallas-police-killer-reportedly-bought-weapons-legally.html

Investigators in Texas reportedly believe that the sniper who shot and killed five Dallas police officers Thursday had legally purchased the weapons

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/20/AR2010112002865.html

Legal purchase was the leading source of weapons used to kill police officers. In 107 slayings, the killers acquired their firearms legally. In 170 deaths, The Post could not determine how the shooters got their guns, including 29 killings in which weapons were not recovered

Yeah well I can easily google some stuff in another tab and barf it up on here too. 

You clearly missed where I said "Legally buy and go through the process to legally carry"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

California has relatively tough gun laws, and they recently added restrictions on certain types of ammo.  Hopefully, other states will follow California's lead - though it's less likely now with a gun-lover about to lead the country down the ugly path of more gun harm.

The only people that care about what California does are Californians. 

When if comes to gun rights & laws, gun owners nation wide use California and Chicago as a measuring stick of how shitty personal protection can get. 

I sometimes think of the Texas woman who has been a loud and outspoken proponent of guns-for-everyone.  She had two daughters, late teens.  I say 'had' because several months ago, she got in an argument with one of the daughters, and shot the girl dead - on their front lawn, in daylight.  The daughter was not yet 20 and was a week away from getting married.   When gun-huggers get ready to clamor for more guns for everyone, I want them to take a minute to think about that pretty blond girl who was gunned down by her NRA-loving mom in a Texas suburb.

5 minutes ago, Strange said:

The only people that care about what California does are Californians. 

When if comes to gun rights & laws, gun owners nation wide use California and Chicago as a measuring stick of how shitty personal protection can get. 

What point are you trying to make?  Are you saying that laws protecting innocent people from getting shot .....are shitty?

2 hours ago, bkkrooftop said:

texas has the most liberal gun laws maybe in the ctry.  u reap what u sow. 

Duh!  Trying reading instead of making silly quotes.

Crime rates in Texas cities fell more over the past two years than in other cities across the nation, a new study finds.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/04/22/crime-rates-fall-texas-cities/

Dallas’ 2014 murder rate was its lowest since 1930 — the year Bonnie and Clyde met at a West Dallas house party.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2015/01/07/dallas-murder-rate-falls-to-lowest-point-since-1930

Edited by rijb

3 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Perhaps you can convince a class of first graders, but anyone over the age of 6 knows the NRA have mega-influence with politicians and laws.  NRA shovels tens of millions of $$'s to politicians who play ball with increased gun sales operatives.   With Trump at the helm, NRA will push for liberal gun laws nationwide, without state-by-state limitations.   That will translate to open- or concealed carry of semi- and automatic weapons anywhere in the US.  Right Wing hate groups will love it.  So too will hardened criminals, mafia-wannabes, and drug dealers.   Brace yourselves for many more firearm deaths in upcoming years.   Some will be baddies, and some will be innocents, but the numbers will surely soar, and gun sellers and NRA/gun huggers won't mind a bit, unless it's someone they care for.

Boomer, just stop. Ive seen your attempted posts on the subject of 'guns' over several threads and you literally have NO idea what you are talking about. 

Seriously, why do you shamelessly fear monger like this?

6 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

What point are you trying to make?  Are you saying that laws protecting innocent people from getting shot .....are shitty?

Childish spin. 

Please tell me how thats going in Chicago. You know, super hardcore gun laws and being the US murder capital & stuff. 

If we are banning guns because they are used to kill humans then must ban cars and 18 wheelers and beer and prescription medication among others dangerous killing items. Or is it the human part of the killing that is so hard to legislate or control?  I am from Texas and love my guns and truck and beer and medication but I have seen all all of these things be used by humans to ruin other human lives. But the funniest thing of all is that none of you 100 percent know it all banners are forced to live in Texas or California or anywhere so just enjoy where you live and take a break from telling others how they should live. 

Peace. ?

The US & it's cities in particular is practically a militarized country now on par with was zones around the world for vast swathes of the population.

Law enforcement officers one one side & citizens on the other with increasing levels of armaments including now getting suited up in body armour.

Armoured vehicles will become derigueur for basic duties.

A very sad state of affairs & not a sign of a populace evolving in my opinion.

RIP to the poor man just doing a simple task & his duty

I guess you reap what you sow. America is over-violenced. Cops are trigger happy and the perps also carry. It's a big problem for those in the lower socio-economic spectrum.  I won't be shedding any tears for shot cops until they stop shooting the blacks. I know this will be an unpopular view but there you go.' Protect and Serve' should not mean mow down innocent black  kids.

36 minutes ago, Strange said:
44 minutes ago, bokningar said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Such a well thought out and articulated respons

20 minutes ago, Strange said:
27 minutes ago, bokningar said:

So what about this? Since you didn't get the first one

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/12/dallas-police-killer-reportedly-bought-weapons-legally.html

Investigators in Texas reportedly believe that the sniper who shot and killed five Dallas police officers Thursday had legally purchased the weapons

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/20/AR2010112002865.html

Legal purchase was the leading source of weapons used to kill police officers. In 107 slayings, the killers acquired their firearms legally. In 170 deaths, The Post could not determine how the shooters got their guns, including 29 killings in which weapons were not recovered

Yeah well I can easily google some stuff in another tab and barf it up on here too. 

You clearly missed where I said "Legally buy and go through the process to legally carry"

I'm back to :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

How much did that little end twist help those por police men/women and their families? 

They could legally buy the weapons and DID KILL those police officers.

No crap about process to legally carry will get those lives back. :saai:

14 minutes ago, retarius said:

I guess you reap what you sow. America is over-violenced. Cops are trigger happy and the perps also carry. It's a big problem for those in the lower socio-economic spectrum.  I won't be shedding any tears for shot cops until they stop shooting the blacks. I know this will be an unpopular view but there you go.' Protect and Serve' should not mean mow down innocent black  kids.

How many times have you crossed the street to avoid those "innocent black kids"?  :cheesy:

23 minutes ago, SidJames said:

The US & it's cities in particular is practically a militarized country now on par with was zones around the world for vast swathes of the population.

Law enforcement officers one one side & citizens on the other with increasing levels of armaments including now getting suited up in body armour.

Armoured vehicles will become derigueur for basic duties.

A very sad state of affairs & not a sign of a populace evolving in my opinion.

RIP to the poor man just doing a simple task & his duty

Have you ever been to the U.S.?  Have you ever been to a war zone?  Have you ever confused a movie with reality?

8 minutes ago, bokningar said:

I'm back to :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

How much did that little end twist help those por police men/women and their families? 

They could legally buy the weapons and DID KILL those police officers.

No crap about process to legally carry will get those lives back. :saai:

1 hour ago, chilli42 said:

The supply of guns and the carry regulations are clearly a problem.  That said, there is a much deeper societal problem that is much tougher to fix.

Thats because I'm talking about the legal, law abiding americans that go through the process of getting a legal gun, and getting a legal carry permit, passing all the background checks and whatnot, don't kill cops. My original reply was to the poster who said that the 'carry regulations are clearly a problem' when in fact the people that legally carry are not the problem. This was obviously incredibly hard for you to grasp judging by your childish emoticon tangent.

28 minutes ago, retarius said:

Why do you call them "The Blacks"?

How many have actually been deemed "Innocent'?

Nobody is "Mowing down innocent black kids". Im sure we can go out and google some real clickbait but the vast majority are completely justified. 

3 hours ago, bkkrooftop said:

texas has the most liberal gun laws maybe in the ctry.  u reap what u sow. 

What's your point? There is no evidence, NOTHING that shows a relationship between easy access to a gun and this murder.  What we have here is a  person intent on killiing someone.There is absolutely nothing here that establishes a link, so why raise the issue? The proponents of easy access to guns are not listening and your view has been repeatedly dismissed by the SCOTUS.

Why not ask more  relevant and constructive questions such as;

1. Why?

2. Who was this  killer?

3. Was the killer mentally ill and if so, why was he/she walking around?

4. How did the killer get the gun?

Once you establish those answers, you can then try and make a link to easy access to a firearm.

21 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Why don´t just give all people the right to have a gun and carry it instead? The ones that want to do it, does it anyway. Shouldn´t make a big difference.

All people do have the right to have a gun and all people have the right to carry it according to federal, state, and local law. 

3 hours ago, Strange said:

Seems like you are foaming at the mouth in anticipation.... 

I got some bad news though - aint gonna happen. Good ole USA will be just fine. 

Apart from the 30,000 per annum who end up just dead.

3 hours ago, Strange said:

People that legally buy and go through the process to legally carry guns don't shoot police officers. 

I think you'll find you wrong on that one, too.

Albeit this is from 2010::

Legal purchase was the leading source of weapons used to kill police officers. In 107 slayings, the killers acquired their firearms legally.

Link