Big Breakfast

Ulysses G.

Who has the tastiest, most satisfying breakfast in Chiang Mai?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Citylife magazine in Chiang Mai has just given out 'best breakfast in Chiang Mai" awards in their December issue.

What do Thai Visa members think?

I have just tried to vote on the big breakfast poll to be informed that I have already voted. This is my first visit to the page. How do I contact an administrator to find out who has "hijacked" my account.

Citylife magazine in Chiang Mai has just given out 'best breakfast in Chiang Mai" awards in their December issue.

I have just tried to vote on the big breakfast poll to be informed that I have already voted. This is my first visit to the page. How do I contact an administrator to find out who has "hijacked" my account.

Why not change your password?

not an expert but i think you might be behind a proxy server that is also being used by some other members. IP is the same, hence the scripts on the forum picks it up as you have voted. try again in a couple of days.

Any chance you are also going by the name "kelpiedog", comes out as the same IP. Also posted today.

Any chance you are also going by the name "kelpiedog", comes out as the same IP. Also posted today.

Not quite part of this thread but as I understand it “IP Address” stands for “Internet Provider” If I am using an internet Café then surely anyone else using that Café will have the same “IP”. I do not think that I would be stupid enough to use two log on names each ending in dog if I was the same person. Maybe the other Scottie dog (if there is one is also the other person?)

Not quite part of this thread but as I understand it “IP Address” stands for “Internet Provider” If I am using an internet Café then surely anyone else using that Café will have the same “IP”. I do not think that I would be stupid enough to use two log on names each ending in dog if I was the same person. Maybe the other Scottie dog (if there is one is also the other person?)

Relax, just was a strange coincidence same IP, same name ending. However if you are using an Internet Cafe it is important to clear all cookies after logging off (and be sure to log off). Someone else could sit down at the same computer, connect to TV and automatically log in under your name.

Relax, just was a strange coincidence same IP, same name ending. However if you are using an Internet Cafe it is important to clear all cookies after logging off (and be sure to log off). Someone else could sit down at the same computer, connect to TV and automatically log in under your name.

Maybe wrong but as I understand it the "IP" in this case is the ID for the computer you are using.

Might still be wrong but rather than internet provider isn't it "internet protocol" :o

Blue Diamond for me, can't say I've tried many of the ones on the list though.

Is the Blue Diamond breakfast any good?

I've always felt that it is a trendy place to go because of the health food store look of the places and because it is vegetarian, however, I don't find the food to be anything to write home about.

They use white sugar and white flour in lots of their goods, so the health food aspect of the place seems a bit contrived to me. :o

Depends what you're after I guess, sometimes people just dont agree on what tastes good or not.

The set breakfast at Blue Diamond is a standard 'American breakfast', except that the bacon seems to be of a little higher quality and that they substitute the white toast for a wholemeal bun. All in all not that fantastic, but it works.

However, I have found some items on their menu I really like so I compose my own breakfast - their home baked wholemeal bread roll with avocado spread, fried chicken and cheese is my favourite.

One of those, a black hilltribe coffee and a banana shake or a fresh orange juice and I am happy.

They also make good Thai vegetarian food, their phad khii mao with tofu and veg with a squeeze of lime is great.

Don't have enough statistical experience to state it's the best and don't have it as an option to vote on ... but the best big breakfast'es I've ever had in Thailand I got on Golden Fern (Prapokklao, Soi 8) ... Although I live near by - and thus have easy access to produce whatever breakfast I can think of - I go there once in a while. Especially after a night with too much alcohol their breakfast is my preferred - and sufficient - means of getting ready to deal with a new day. They've got various options 70-100 Baht.

Are there any Delifrance or Au Bon Pan in CM? Where?

Nope, not as far as I know anyway. Try JJ's at Thapae Road for cafe type bagels, baguettes and sandwiches. Their curry chicken sandwich with basil leaves is nice.

The small bakery with glass walls some ways in the soi on the other side of the moat from Top North Notel (i.e. a soi off the road that runs on the outside of the moat parallell to Moon Muang Road) have some tasty bread options too.

~

From an American viewpoint, I have yet to find that old memory-key kinda breakfast that compares to Bake and Bite on Chiang Klong Rd just steps from Pantip Plaza.

Not only can you order and get the bacon exactly as you like it, they have da kine oatmeal that Mom used to force me to eat, scrambled eggs to die for, and two glass cases of the most outrageous cinnamon/apple/almond/sweet buns this side of rural New England...

And lots more...

Is drool good for keyboards...? :o

~

From an American viewpoint, I have yet to find that old memory-key kinda breakfast that compares to Bake and Bite on Chiang Klong Rd just steps from Pantip Plaza.

Not only can you order and get the bacon exactly as you like it, they have da kine oatmeal that Mom used to force me to eat, scrambled eggs to die for, and two glass cases of the most outrageous cinnamon/apple/almond/sweet buns this side of rural New England...

And lots more...

Is drool good for keyboards...? :o

I've never had a meal there, but I've always had an issue with the freshness of their baked goods.

None of the above!

My choice: Teacher's restaurant at faculty condo of MSU.

Fare: Orange or pineapple juice, two eggs any way you want them, ham AND sausage, grilled tomatoes, 2 pieces of toast with butter and jam, tea or coffee, and end with a large fruit plate of in-season fruit. I've never been able to eat it all.

Cost: 35 baht.

Something wrong with the vote tally. It shows 44 votes cast and yet when you add them up it comes to 22 total.

Maybe my arithmetic :o

Half the votes were null votes - i.e. no vote but interested in viewing the results.

If true that by looking at the poll you are counted as voting then this poll is farcical and of course would explain why I thought someone else was using my account. Suggest this table is restarted without the glitch, or removed and just have the comments.

There is no glitch.

When making polls (try it sometime) there is an option whether to make people vote to see the results or not. If you turn that on then people who can't vote because they don't live in Chiang Mai and never even been to these places but STILL want to see the results can do so by voting blank. That this goes in towards the total of people who bothered to vote or view the results makes no difference to the validity of the votes cast and the ranking of these places as a result of actual votes cast.

Secondly, if you got the same IP address as someone else because you used the same internet cafe, wifi point or even just happened to get assigned the same IP as someone else on the same internet provider then that's just tough; first time you're on the site from a different location and you will be able to vote.

Finally: it's NOT THAT IMPORTANT! :o

Cheers,

Chanchao