extension of stay - HK and chaeng wattana

i recently turned 50 and plan to get a non imm o visa in hong kong.  i'm meeting friends in HK in february and figured that would be an easy thing to do while I'm there (i know i can convert my tourist visa to non imm o at CW).  can anyone confirm that i can get the non imm o visa in HK ?  i see it on their website but it doesn't seem to mention 'retirement' as one of the reasons one would get one.  maybe i missed it.

assuming i get the non imm o in HK, i will then go to CW to get an extension of stay based on retirement.  i currently have 25,000 USD in bangkok bank's main office on silom road (where all USD accounts are held for bangkok bank).  i saw one comment on TV recently about CW not accepting funds in USD, they require thai baht as opposed to the thai baht equivalent in USD.  has anyone been successful using a USD denominated account ?

can someone tell me what time the banks open at the CW complex ?  i've been to CW many times but never needed a bank letter, etc... dated same day. 

what about the wait times for an extension of stay ?  i've extended tourist visa's and visa exempt entries and they seem to process 10-15 people an hour.  so if i've got number 50 and they are on number 20, i know i have plenty of time to kill (unfortunately i've had 120 when they were on 50 also !!!). 

i assume i cannot get a number and then go to the bank to get the letter during my wait time as i can't get a number without a complete package.  if someone has recvd a number before getting the letter, let me know.

thanks (i'm in bangkok now).

Edited by buick