Consumer Protection Board

fruitman

Since i didn't receive 5-6 packages ordered online from China i decided to call the consumer protection board on 1166.

Let their phone ring for 5 minutes but nobody picks it up.....well what a surprise!

Also tried the other numbers on their website but they don't seem to work.

Do you guys have good experience with them?

I've had 'experiences' with the Consumer Protection Offices in Pattaya and Bangkok. Despite the fact that I had a fully documented case proving breach(s) of contract against a Thai Company,  I'm sorry to say that their assistance didn't meet my expectations.

I could say a lot more on the subject, but the Thai Defamation laws prevent me from doing so!

Generally speaking if you send an email to a Thai company, gov. dept. etc. in English you will receive no reply as there is usually only 1 or 2 people in that office who could even attempt to read it, let alone reply to it, & these would be too afraid of making mistakes (therefore losing face) to even try to reply... 

13 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Generally speaking if you send an email to a Thai company, gov. dept. etc. in English you will receive no reply as there is usually only 1 or 2 people in that office who could even attempt to read it, let alone reply to it, & these would be too afraid of making mistakes (therefore losing face) to even try to reply... 

key is to try to live your life here in such a way that you keep keep contact with a Thai company, gov. dept. etc to an absolute minimum.

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

Therein you have your answer. Like everything else today the Post Office is crumbling as well.  For the sake of disclosure I worked for the Post Office for 30 years. Great job. I have ordered off of Ebay and have the item disappear. If you notice a building with structural defects here there is a number to call but chances are the building will collapse before anyone pays any attention. Its like a nether world here. Dead ends in every direction. There is the initial outburst of do this and do that and we are here to help you and then dead silence. They want to appear on a par with the outside world but they are not. Its not as bad as going to a restaurant in North Korea only to find that its a life size photograph. Ilusions everywhere conclusions hmm different. 

17 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Therein you have your answer. Like everything else today the Post Office is crumbling as well.  For the sake of disclosure I worked for the Post Office for 30 years. Great job. I have ordered off of Ebay and have the item disappear. If you notice a building with structural defects here there is a number to call but chances are the building will collapse before anyone pays any attention. Its like a nether world here. Dead ends in every direction. There is the initial outburst of do this and do that and we are here to help you and then dead silence. They want to appear on a par with the outside world but they are not. Its not as bad as going to a restaurant in North Korea only to find that its a life size photograph. Ilusions everywhere conclusions hmm different. 

Actually the answer should be, you are asking the wrong people, he bought something from a Chinese company. What can Thais do about it and why should they.

I have bought online from eBay in Hong kong, Ali express and Alibaba in China , they all give guarantees and refunds in event of non delivery

Paypal also gives same protection

UK credit cards will give some protection as well

Generally shopping on line is a lifesaver if living in Issan

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Actually the answer should be, you are asking the wrong people, he bought something from a Chinese company. What can Thais do about it and why should they.

You are quite right. I am presently waiting for a parcel from England and tried the trace and track number. I stand by the rest of what I said. 

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

key is to try to live your life here in such a way that you keep keep contact with a Thai company, gov. dept. etc to an absolute minimum.

Companies, government departments and people generally. The less I see of anyone here the happier I am.

I got all my parcels refunded by the chinese vendors, that's not the problem..I need the parts i ordered.

I called them again, got some menu on the line but couldn't understand their english language at all.

Finally i got an employee, told her the story but she even didn't ask where i live or which postoffice is near. She would do something she said but it sounded like an 18 yo girl.

Won't call them again and also won't use Thailand Post again...When i order from china in europe it always arrives in 10 days.

It's still a 3rd world country unfortunately, no matter how many big new Benz cars i see driving all days.