Trump disavows alt-right conference after online video of Nazi salutes in his honour – New York Times

webfact

51 minutes ago, Strange said:

What does that make you then? Perfect? 

Far from perfect according to my wife!  I hate racists and bigots so I guess in a way that makes me a racist too.  If you can call racist, homophobic bigots an actual race?  Certainly alien to me.

Edited by dunroaming

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Far from perfect according to my wife!  I hate racists and bigots so I guess in a way that makes me a racist too.  If you can call racist, homophobic bigots an actual race?  Certainly alien to me.

Thats the thing man, seems like nowadays everyone is looking for a reason to call everyone a damn racist or whatever. Im sure NOBODY is perfect. 

But the mudslinging continues. 

53 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

That is how I really feel. It is shameful.

Vanity fair eh? Pass...

So because I said "Illegal Mexicans worrying about being deported" I then deserve this?:

1 hour ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

You defend these supremacists and call Mexicans illegal people in the context of a discussion about how these neo nazis are emboldened by Trump and Trump supporters.

I never said Mexicans were illegal people, I was speaking to the ILLEGAL Mexicans not all Mexicans nor do I defend anything about white supremacists. 

Look, you are clearly a feminist, and thats ok and your right, but in the context of hatred, don't you think your personal vendetta towards EVERYONE that isn't in your belief system - hatred? You might not think so, but it certainly looks like it to me. Hypocrisy. 

Ive viewed just about every post you have made, and every single one is venom filled, so clearly you might need to look in the mirror at who the hateful one really is. 

1 hour ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

"In the wake of Trump’s victory, there has been an uptick in reports of hate crimes and race-fueled attacks. The Southern Poverty Law Center reportsthat there were more than 700 “hateful incidents of harassment around the country” between Nov. 9 and Nov. 16.

Furthermore, in your haste to condemn EVERYTHING you view as wrong, you clearly miss the destruction your people are causing not only to innocent people on the street, but to property, and the police during what you call a "revolution" and what I call rioting. So on the one hand there were an alleged 700 incidents of harassment that you condemn, but on the other hand there are people getting physically hurt, many life threatening, maybe even died (haven't looked recently) property damage through the roof, police and protesters injured, gridlocking streets on and on and on and this is ok with you in the name of "Revolution"

Sorry, not sorry. Ill never agree with this and its text book pot-kettle-black. 

10 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

She was also endorsed by the KKK, because of her hidden agenda - her "private position".

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-14/ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-will-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

Not quite:

The KKK Took My Payday Away

It's highly improbable that a Ku Klux Klan leader endorsed Hillary Clinton for president and/or donated $20,000 to her campaign.

http://www.snopes.com/kkk-endorses-hillary-clinton/

12 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Umm...maybe because there are more important issues facing the nation and the President Elect than what a couple hundred nutters are doing at a restaurant cafeteria?

Pretty much any criticism regarding Trump is rejected for whatever "reason" by his supporters. It doesn't have anything to do with the importance of the issue at hand. Conflict of interests? Diplomatic relations? Statements regrading the economy? Appointments? Nothing it accepted unless it's "nice things" about Trump.

17 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:
6 hours ago, Strange said:

Riiiiiiiight. 

Room full of idiots = to a speck of sand and OMG WWII again. 

Did you say WWII or WWIII

Pick one and comment about your comparing a room full of idiots in the USA to "What happened in Germany"?

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Thats the thing man, seems like nowadays everyone is looking for a reason to call everyone a damn racist or whatever. Im sure NOBODY is perfect. 

But the mudslinging continues. 

You are quite right. I assume by "whatever" you mean, leftie or commie or gay lover etc. etc. It's so easy to make these snap judgements isn't it.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

You are quite right. I assume by "whatever" you mean, leftie or commie or gay lover etc. etc. It's so easy to make these snap judgements isn't it.

Thats entirely your assumption. 

36 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

"Questionable"? Hillary seems to have the same problem as Trump as far as a few lunatics supporting her and getting blamed for it.

It's not even clear this loon represents anyone, so positively asserting the KKK supported her is inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Vanity fair eh? Pass...

So because I said "Illegal Mexicans worrying about being deported" I then deserve this?:

I never said Mexicans were illegal people, I was speaking to the ILLEGAL Mexicans not all Mexicans nor do I defend anything about white supremacists. 

Look, you are clearly a feminist, and thats ok and your right, but in the context of hatred, don't you think your personal vendetta towards EVERYONE that isn't in your belief system - hatred? You might not think so, but it certainly looks like it to me. Hypocrisy. 

Ive viewed just about every post you have made, and every single one is venom filled, so clearly you might need to look in the mirror at who the hateful one really is. 

Furthermore, in your haste to condemn EVERYTHING you view as wrong, you clearly miss the destruction your people are causing not only to innocent people on the street, but to property, and the police during what you call a "revolution" and what I call rioting. So on the one hand there were an alleged 700 incidents of harassment that you condemn, but on the other hand there are people getting physically hurt, many life threatening, maybe even died (haven't looked recently) property damage through the roof, police and protesters injured, gridlocking streets on and on and on and this is ok with you in the name of "Revolution"

Sorry, not sorry. Ill never agree with this and its text book pot-kettle-black. 

Going ad hominem on a news source is the clear sign of a weak mind and a weak position. Your biased view of Vanity Fair does not change one iota of the facts which they report. To wit, a significant number of hate crimes after Trump's election and the implication that Trump has contributed to this environment.

Your attempt to smear me with the term feminist is a further demonstration of weakness. You use the term as a pejorative thus demonstrating your mindset as being pre 1960 consistent with the other white racist trump supporters. But you equate pro-feminism with hatred. Are you sure you comprehend the term feminist? In any case, the hatred rant and the whole hypocrisy thing is boringly predictable. You go back through my posts searching for meaning. You accuse me of vitriol and hatred and you bring out the boring 'look in the mirror'.

Then you conclude with the whole diversion about the alleged Left riots.

Well I guess it saves you from actually having to make a point about what I said in my post.

I have a simple rule. If you don't want to be called a racist then don't say racist things. You have indicated that you want to return to a time in America when you could say what you want, including the abominably racists things that you have said such as Illegal Mexicans, without being called out on it.

Not going to happen.

Your agreement to this is not sought. Nor is your acceptance. You will continue to bear the consequences of making racially insensitive comments as long as you continue to do so. You may think that Trump gives you license to stereotype and marginalise minorities but you are wrong. Bannon will never have enough power to change the basic decency of Americans who understand that America is an immigrant country and value a diversity of voices.

The term illegal Mexican is a disgrace.

7 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Your agreement to this is not sought. Nor is your acceptance. You will continue to bear the consequences of making racially insensitive comments as long as you continue to do so. You may think that Trump gives you license to stereotype and marginalise minorities but you are wrong. Bannon will never have enough power to change the basic decency of Americans who understand that America is an immigrant country and value a diversity of voices.

I really do not care how you feel, what you think, or what you believe in. The more you rant, the more you push people away and the entire basis of your revolution and vendetta become meaningless. 

D.Trump is 71 y.o. he is a baby boomer.

His family has it's roots in Germany.

He is an educated person.

He is a Lucky guy.

I just find appalling he has no trouble at all being openly supported by white supremacists during his campaign ( he said he did not know David Duke)

He has been supported by members of KKK.

He has appointed S. Bannon , Alt- right , Breitbart etc..  as strategist in chief.

He just can't pretend he does not know what it means, he gives them legitimacy.

His supporters can not say it's anodyn.

Edited by Opl

18 minutes ago, Strange said:

I really do not care how you feel, what you think, or what you believe in. The more you rant, the more you push people away and the entire basis of your revolution and vendetta become meaningless. 

I have no need of or desire for the company of racists and white supremacists. It his is your best attempt at psychotherapy, then don't give up your day job.

Again, your acceptance of my view is not required. Your acquiescence to the neo nazi support of Trump is the same as support to their views. Slinging the hate word at me, as a 'feminist' is nothing compared with this acquiescence. We are to believe your claims of hating pro Trump neo Nazis?

39 minutes ago, dunroaming said:
41 minutes ago, Strange said:

Thats entirely your assumption. 

Yes that's what I just said.  And your point is?

Oops I forgot "feminist".  That is another one to throw about

Getting on the train I see. 

You assumed. You did that. I did not. Neither about your statement nor Tawan Dok being a Feminist because she is, and its not an assumption. 

6 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Again, your acceptance of my view is not required. Your acquiescence to the neo nazi support of Trump is the same as support to their views. Slinging the hate word at me, as a 'feminist' is nothing compared with this acquiescence.

Just calling you out on your blatant hypocrisy. If there is anyone thats got hate in their heart, its you. 

58 minutes ago, Strange said:

Getting on the train I see. 

You assumed. You did that. I did not. Neither about your statement nor Tawan Dok being a Feminist because she is, and its not an assumption. 

Well I have no problem debating with a feminist or anyone else but clearly you are rattled by it.  You shouldn't worry about it though, so far you haven't embarrassed yourself too much.

Sorry I couldn't resist that!

57 minutes ago, Strange said:

Just calling you out on your blatant hypocrisy. If there is anyone thats got hate in their heart, its you. 

Hate racists? Absolutely. Hate bigots? Sure. Support minority voices. You betcha. Even those 'Illegal Mexicans' whom you carelessly and callously cast onto the dung heap of American society.

People are not illegal. Any person who claims this is absolutely the recipient of all the disdain, scorn and hatred that I can muster.

Your politics gives aid and comfort to the worst of humanity. And your responses are - I don't care, I will never accept criticism, and I long for the days when we could say what we liked.

My feminist hatred as blatant hypocrisy. What a doofus.

19 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Because it is totally meaningless and perpetrated by microtesimal percentage of the population.

Seems like the same was said in Germany years ago. A drop of water turned into a tsunami. I think it states in the bible that one shall come forth and rule the land and his name shall be? Stumps me at the moment but it will eventually come back to me. 

Well, the KKK has been around for about 150 years now. I don't know how its numbers have ebbed and flowed over that time but I'm pretty sure it is well down from its 1960's numbers. We've had Communists in large numbers and that brought the McCarthyites, which brought the Birchers and Nativist tendencies by some.

In my lifetime I believe the numbers in these organizations have all dwindled at the same time the US population has nearly doubled. As Dylan said their will always be those who use people as "Only A Pawn In Their Game" and of course on the internet an organization of 500 can look equal to an organization of 5,000,000. Best to be vigilant, enforce the law and get on with your life IMO.

Edited by lannarebirth

31 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Well, the KKK has been around for about 150 years now. I don't know how its numbers have ebbed and flowed over that time but I'm pretty sure it is well down from its 1960's numbers

Yes I think it is down on the 1960's numbers.  Problem is Trump's Presidency gives them the momentum they have been lacking since then.

18 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I dug around but found nothing. Can you provide links to these video's. I want to see why a white supremacist would be 'siege ceiling' a man of colour. I assume you have watched the video concerning the OP above?

Of course he won't, because like much of the "news" stories and other lies that have proliferated throughout this election there's not a speck of truth to it. Note that a few posts down someone doubles down on this with another BS post about Communists supposedly cheering for Clinton with, yet again, no link. Idiocracy rules.

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Yes I think it is down on the 1960's numbers.  Problem is Trump's Presidency gives them the momentum they have been lacking since then.

I don't think Trump is a racist, but he might be. I'll tell you who was a racist, LBJ; and he gave us the Civil Rights ACT of 1964 and the Great Society programs that followed it. Nixon, racist too, and he gave us Title IX, and Affirmative Action. You just have to see how it plays out. Progress doesn't happen in the span of a 24 hour news cycle.

13 minutes ago, sgtsabai said:

The fascist's appointment of Steve Bannon says all that needs to be said.  http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/im_done_trying_to_empathize_with_poor_white_trump_voters_20161124

You might want to check that URL embedded link. It is different than the shown link for some strange reason.

Edited by Silurian

Thanks, that was strange. Trying again.  http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/im_done_trying_to_empathize_with_poor_white_trump_voters_20161124

That didn't work, keeps going back to the 1st page of thread, weird. one more try. I'd copy and paste but I think that is a no-no.  http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/im_done_trying_to_empathize_with_poor_white_trump_voters_20161124

OK working you'll just have to put up with the extraneous stuff.

Edited by sgtsabai