Smoking Sausage

kjun12

Has any of you tried to use coconut husk to smoke sausage?  What was your result.   I am trying this out as I write this and will report the result.  

I have a source for casing in sheep, pork and collagen as well as Pink (Prague #1) salt.  Let me know if you need these items.

On 28/11/2016 at 8:46 PM, mardy1960 said:

i use the sugarcane after they press it and its free works and taste great were can you get casings ?

If you get fresh casings from the market you will have to turn them inside out and scrape the interior mucus out with a table knife.Then what you are left with is the membrane . It is easier to buy the salted frozen ones that have already been scraped ,cleaned and salted.

They are cut into meter lengths which I find does about a kilo of plain pork snarler.I usally soak all in the pack and rinse them out thoroughly and then put them into little plastic bags and refreeze them. Then I can  take out a little pack of 2 lengths ,soak and rinse again and pak up a couple of kilos of sausage. It costs about 240 to 270 baht a pack and there is about 30 meters in a pack. Easy-peasy.

45 minutes ago, Khunchai Tong said:

If you get fresh casings from the market you will have to turn them inside out and scrape the interior mucus out with a table knife.Then what you are left with is the membrane . It is easier to buy the salted frozen ones that have already been scraped ,cleaned and salted.

They are cut into meter lengths which I find does about a kilo of plain pork snarler.I usally soak all in the pack and rinse them out thoroughly and then put them into little plastic bags and refreeze them. Then I can  take out a little pack of 2 lengths ,soak and rinse again and pak up a couple of kilos of sausage. It costs about 240 to 270 baht a pack and there is about 30 meters in a pack. Easy-peasy.

Still hoping that the OP comes back and reveals his source for collagen casings in Thailand :smile:

In the mean time I keep ordering them over the internet (need just a few)