Imported Turkeys This Year?

tweezer

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

A couple of weeks ago I was in Yorkies shop in Jomtien and they had a sign saying that there was a ban on importing turkeys from USA and, as they couldn't source any quality Thai turkeys, they would not be stocking them.

I think the pre-cooked Makro/BigC ones are from Australia. The world is a big place and it seems odd for Yorkies to restrict themselves to just the US or Thailand for supplies. Even the UK produces turkey.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I think the pre-cooked Makro/BigC ones are from Australia. The world is a big place and it seems odd for Yorkies to restrict themselves to just the US or Thailand for supplies. Even the UK produces turkey.

I heard that American turkeys have been shipped via Canada to get round the ban.

Maybe Yorkies take the view that nobody in their right mind would pay such ridiculously inflated prices for a bird in Thailand.

Bernard Matthews self-basting..................... boootiful........ only 116 baht a kilo!

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/bernard-matthews-farms-golden-norfolk-turkey-self-basting-with-giblets-extra-large/p/54443

Archived