Non-O Marriage & WP

Hello Everyone!

I am currently holding Non-O based on marriage extended to year through company paperwork, with remaining validity until July, 2017. However, I am leaving my current work and moving on in some other part of Thailand. My Work Permit expires on the same day of my last working day to the company.

Q: What would happen to my Visa?

Q: What approach should take consider in this regards?

Many thanks!

If you applied for an extension of stay based upon marriage by supplying all the supporting documents required (marriage certifcate, Kor Ror 2, photos in around the house and etc) it will remain valid.

4 hours ago, angeloas said:

I am currently holding Non-O based on marriage extended to year through company paperwork,

The above leads me to think you applied for the extension based upon working.

• Like 2

the Visa non-o based on marriage or the Visa non- o depending on Thai  child can be used for the work permit.

The income generated with your work and the work permit  is entitled to be used for the extension of hte non-O visa Depending on marriage or take care of Thai Child.

The moment  work permit ends or even is cancelled, you not have to leave because the Visa is based and depending on the marriage or the taking care of the child.

The only problem you will have is when you get divorced. The moment of the divorce affected is the moment your Visa depending on marriage is ending too.

• Like 1

It all depends how he has extended his non-immigrant O visa.

1// With 400,000 THB in the bank account -> In this case his non-immigrant O stays valid.

2// With income of 40,000 THB or more -> In this case as he is leaving the reason for extension (his work) of his non-immigrant O then it becomes invalid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

It all depends how he has extended his non-immigrant O visa.

1// With 400,000 THB in the bank account -> In this case his non-immigrant O stays valid.

2// With income of 40,000 THB or more -> In this case as he is leaving the reason for extension (his work) of his non-immigrant O then it becomes invalid.

Visa are not extended.

If he applied for an extension of stay based upon marriage and used his income from working to get it the extension would remain valid even if not working. An extension only ends if the reason for it goes away.

• Like 1

My visa is independently obtained based upon marriage, and has been extended to a year upon work after meeting salary bracket required and other documents provided by my company and also other paperwork related to my marriage to thai wife status, liked what ubonjoe has stated above. In addition, I have called the local immigration office and I was told that my current visa status won't be affected with the termination of my employment. However, I decided to post this topic in this forum to hear the opinion of other experts, and also to share my case to others who might encounter the same issue in the future.

Highly appreciate all your inputs!

And therein lies the reason for sticking to your guns and staying with your married status extension when an employer tries to insist on you converting to a B that they 'help' you to get.

In my opinion they only do it believing that if you are terminated they  know you will be given 7 days to leave and it will make it difficult for you to claim what you are entitled to.

My opinion only.

• Like 1

Which was in fact, happened to me. But having known these possible disadvantages from the very start, I had fortunately stick with my visa eligibility to get away from those hassles that may fall out. Great reminders to everyone! Many thanks.

Immigration usually adds a note to the extension stamp, in Thai or in English, to indicate the reason for the extension. If you have any doubt, check it to verify that your extension is indeed for living with your Thai wife, or post a photo of the stamp for evaluation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 11/24/2016 at 4:08 PM, overherebc said:

And therein lies the reason for sticking to your guns and staying with your married status extension when an employer tries to insist on you converting to a B that they 'help' you to get.

In my opinion they only do it believing that if you are terminated they  know you will be given 7 days to leave and it will make it difficult for you to claim what you are entitled to.

My opinion only.

You are not "given" any days. You would have to apply and pay for a 7 day extension.