PhuketAmerican

Have 4 seperate letters from family (cousins) in NL and sent out 7/11/16, normally takes 10 days to arrive but I have yet to see a single one.  In the meantime I got a letter from a sailor friend in Phnom Penh posted the 15th...... anyone else had any experiences? in 4 years I have had 0 probelsms with post

I allow at least 15 days for international post into Phuket, even registered mail. So no need to get worried about missing post as yet.

I have to say these last 2 + months our post in both Patong and Kata has been erratic for even Thailand  letters like phone and internet bills. Many bills never arrived. 

Just a few days ago I received a letter that had been at the local post office for four days already according to tracking. It said there have been 4 re-deliveries but on none of the days did the post attempt a delivery because there were people in the house 24/7 who would have accepted it. They have also a policy of one re-delivery after which they leave a note for you to pick it up at the office which also didn't happen. So I assume that they were temporarily overloaded and couldn't even attempt delivery? Who knows. I'm expecting another delivery which should arrive tomorrow morning in Phuket, will see how that goes.

Archived