Niece of soldier killed at base files abuse complaint against nine police

webfact

Niece of soldier killed at base files abuse complaint against nine police
By Kampanat Laaong 
The Nation 

nr.jpg

Narissarawan

BANGKOK: -- A YOUNG WOMAN whose soldier uncle died in a military camp has lodged a complaint against nine policemen for alleged “abuse of authority” in arresting her.

Narissarawan Kaewnopparat, 25, said she believed she had been subjected to unfair treatment for speaking up against her uncle’s alleged attackers.

Narissawran’s uncle, Private Wichien Pheuksom, was allegedly beaten to death during military training in Narathiwat province in 2011, at the age of 26 years old.

Narissawran has said she is trying to seek justice for her uncle. But after speaking up, she was arrested at her office at the Social Development and Human Security Ministry on July 26.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30300793

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-25

A wonderful, morally rich, and incredibly brave woman. I wish her every success and have the utmost admiration for her cause, and for the fact that she is willing to delve into a real snake pit which could do her untold harm. The media have a duty to keep this story in the spotlight, I hope they don't cut her adrift down the line if it gets even uglier (which i dare say it will)

29 minutes ago, z42 said:

A wonderful, morally rich, and incredibly brave woman. I wish her every success and have the utmost admiration for her cause, and for the fact that she is willing to delve into a real snake pit which could do her untold harm. The media have a duty to keep this story in the spotlight, I hope they don't cut her adrift down the line if it gets even uglier (which i dare say it will)

Sad thought isn't it but the media will likely be too afraid, or warned off, to give this the sort of attention it deserves.

3 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Sad thought isn't it but the media will likely be too afraid, or warned off, to give this the sort of attention it deserves.

Too true I think. Sadly the elite, connected, hi so or authorities hate to be challenged and seemingly always want to lay the blame elsewhere rather than accept responsibility for their own actions/inaction!

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Brave lady, wish her the best.

Sent from my twisted mind using Thaivisa Connect

Finally, one of the few Thais I can respect...I cannot believe the citizenry allow themselves to be exploited by their government as they do...especially the police...people such as this woman are the only possible way for Thailand to succeed in the future...wish she were the face of Thainess

I admire and wish the lady well, if more Thais took a stance like this maybe things would change.

The laws in Thailand make this very difficult, also defamation laws stop free reporting

The lady has an uphill struggle , in England one would go for a government enquiry with the help of your MP, where the death of a serviceman on training is an event of the most gravest seriousness

It would be nice to think that a lot of Thai people would / could get behind this brave young lady and offer moral and physical support as needed to challenge these corrupt and non - touchable baseholes. Of course as a farang we can only live in hope that one day the average Thai person will have a voice to challenge these people without fear of their well being.