What Time Does Lumpini Park Close In Evening?

tropo

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

Thanks! That's a bit earlier than I'd hoped.

Would you perhaps know if there are any areas where one can jog in the shade during the day. 

Quite a bit of the jogging paths are shaded by trees, and after 4:00 PM or so, most of the paths are pretty well out of the sun as it sets behind the high rise buildings nearby.  Maybe earlier in the winter, and a little later in the summer.  You can't stay completely shaded with the sun up high, but pretty close to it.

For a treat, show up after 5:00 PM or so and exercise with the dozens (even hundreds) of locals jamming to the tunes, with a fitness fanatic leading them.  It's more fun than it may sound and the tunes can be catchy.  That's about the time I'm finished paddling a rental canoe for my exercise, and I just watch.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Quite a bit of the jogging paths are shaded by trees, and after 4:00 PM or so, most of the paths are pretty well out of the sun as it sets behind the high rise buildings nearby.  Maybe earlier in the winter, and a little later in the summer.  You can't stay completely shaded with the sun up high, but pretty close to it.

For a treat, show up after 5:00 PM or so and exercise with the dozens (even hundreds) of locals jamming to the tunes, with a fitness fanatic leading them.  It's more fun than it may sound and the tunes can be catchy.  That's about the time I'm finished paddling a rental canoe for my exercise, and I just watch.

I appreciate your detailed response. Thanks!

One of the reasons I was asking is because my wife and I are planning a shopping trip to Bangkok for 4 days, and jogging in the late afternoon will interfere with that... which gives us the option of late night... but they close quite early and we like to shop until the close of malls at 10pm.

How about 9 - 10am? Could you jog in shade at that time at this time of year? I'm not allergic to the sun, but my fair skinned wife is.:smile:

Archived