What can I do if my lawyer screwed my NonB documents?

I have a work permit valid for a year (Summer 2017)

I've done a single Non B Visa run on it, and doing a second one tomorrow.

I have a feeling my lawyer didn't prepare the documents properly this time...new staff, I just have a bad feeling about this...

1.  If the documents are not right, can I get a tourist visa, come back to Thailand and in 3 months go get a non-b again?

2. If the documents are not right, can I get a 30 on arrival stamp , come back to Thailand and in 3 months go get a non-b again?

Will doing this nullify my work permit or cause any  problems?

My understanding (someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong) when you already have a work permit, the documents you needed for the original Non B application are no longer needed. Indeed, if you are going to Penang, and the work permit is valid for another 8 months, they may give you a multiple entry Non B valid for a year.

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

My understanding (someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong) when you already have a work permit, the documents you needed for the original Non B application are no longer needed. Indeed, if you are going to Penang, and the work permit is valid for another 8 months, they may give you a multiple entry Non B valid for a year.

With the little information given by the OP it's pretty hard to give an answer.

1.  If the documents are not right, can I get a tourist visa, come back to Thailand and in 3 months go get a non-b again??

Why don't you focus on the right documents, Google what you need and come back with a Non-B visa?

2. If the documents are not right, can I get a 30 on arrival stamp , come back to Thailand and in 3 months go get a non-b again?

Ubonjoe might hopefully pop in soon, but reading your thoughts, once on a tourist visa your work permit might be worth nothing. 

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-Business-and.html

Edited by lostinisaan

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

If they did screw up and you have to enter on a different visa or visa exempt you can later again apply for a new non-B and workpermit. But in the mean time your workpermit is not valid.

Steven,

Does it mean my work permit will be toast?

Or can I come back to Thailand on a visa exempt, get the documents sorted and go get back out and get non-b with same work permit?

6 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Does it mean my work permit will be toast?

Technically yes since a non immigrant visa is required to have a work permit. But unless the labor ministry is notified it would remain valid.

You just need to be sure you have the required documents before you go out for a new non-b visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Technically yes since a non immigrant visa is required to have a work permit. But unless the labor ministry is notified it would remain valid.

You just need to be sure you have the required documents before you go out for a new non-b visa.

Just take into account that if your workpermit is checked while you don't have the B-visa you'll be caught for working without work permit.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

There seem to be people with work permits,(have a job in Thailand) people married to Thais or retired all stretching their stays with "visa runs" when the visa they have can be extended. I find this baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Why is it baffling when people are allowed to work on a Non-O they can easily get in Laos/Sawannakhet?

The times are over that a visa has to run with the dates of the work permit. 

If someone's working for a school on a Non-O and is losing his job, he won't lose his permission of stay. 

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Just take into account that if your workpermit is checked while you don't have the B-visa you'll be caught for working without work permit.

Plus the possibility that they might not let you leave the country without the cancellation of the work permit. 

4 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Why is it baffling when people are allowed to work on a Non-O they can easily get in Laos/Sawannakhet?

The times are over that a visa has to run with the dates of the work permit. 

If someone's working for a school on a Non-O and is losing his job, he won't lose his permission of stay. 

As far as I'm aware work is only allowed when a non B is held.

3 minutes ago, BigFun said:

As far as I'm aware work is only allowed when a non B is held.

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" -- Accompanying spouse or family members

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to accompany spouse or family members working, studying or living in Thailand.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/34923-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-sp.html

I've worked on Non-O's before at Thai schools, so no hearsay. 

14 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Plus the possibility that they might not let you leave the country without the cancellation of the work permit. 

What the land border crossing may ask for is a letter from your employer stating your last day of employment, (only at some land borders and only if you are on an extension of stay based on employment).

The only problem with an uncancelled work permit is if you then apply later for a new work permit in the same area. Otherwise there is no hassle in not cancelling it.

14 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

It would be the extension of stay based upon working they would want to be canceled at some border crossings. Immigration have no interest in the work permit being cancelled.

19 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

If you have no valid visa you are in overstay as well that you work permit is not valid too.

The immigration office in Nonthaburi always says to me. Passport and work permit are different matters.

So the correct or having visa for him is most important.  The work permit is second.

Some do not financially qualify for a permission to stay extension.

But wasn't proof of qualification needed to get the visa? Also an 'O" based on retirement, I assume that marriage is similar, is only valid for 90 days, long enough to apply for the extension.
My passport expires in September so my extension is only until then which means that I have to apply for an 'O' visa in London using anew passport. That visa will be issued so that as soon as I return I can apply for an extension. I don't think that if I asked for a multiple entries I would get them.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

But wasn't proof of qualification needed to get the visa? Also an 'O" based on retirement, I assume that marriage is similar, is only valid for 90 days, long enough to apply for the extension.
My passport expires in September so my extension is only until then which means that I have to apply for an 'O' visa in London using anew passport. That visa will be issued so that as soon as I return I can apply for an extension. I don't think that if I asked for a multiple entries I would get them.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

To get the extension there is a minimum salary requirement, nothing to do with actual job qualification.

For the marriage and retirement extensions, there is a financial requirement for those as well isn't there ?

Edited by Don Mega