Laptop Recommendations

Clipped

i was looking into Dells as a matter of fact...ihave family coming at the end of december, and i'll probably have them carry one in for me.

which processor do you have ? M2,M4 667,533?where did you find a 220volt power supply cable for your Dell? ever freeze up?

thanx

i was looking into Dells as a matter of fact...ihave family coming at the end of december, and i'll probably have them carry one in for me.

which processor do you have ? M2,M4 667,533?where did you find a 220volt power supply cable for your Dell? ever freeze up?

thanx

Below is full specification of my notebook:

System Summary

Service Tag: ..............

System Type: Inspiron 6400/E1505

Ship Date: 7/6/2006

Dell IBU: Europe

Quantity Parts # Part Description

50 INSPIRON 6400 DUO PROCESSOR T2300E (1.66

50 15.4" WIDE SCREEN WXGA (1280 X 800) DISP

50 NO SNAP COVER OPTION

50 UK/IRELAND - POWER CORD

50 ENGLISH - SYSTEM DOCUMENTATION

50 RESOURCE CD - CONTAINS DIAGNOSTICS AND D

50 MICROSOFT VISTA CAPABLE LOGO LABEL

50 512MB 667 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM (2X256)

50 NO FLOPPY DRIVE OPTION

50 80GB (5, 400 RPM) HARD DRIVE

50 FIXED INTERNAL 8X DVD+/-RW DRIVE

50 DVD CYBERLINK DECODER SOFTWARE (NO MEDIA

50 RECORD NOW AND MY DVD SOFTWARE (NO MEDIA

50 65W AC ADAPTER

50 6-CELL , 56 WHR LI-ION PRIMARY BATTERY

50 NO CARRYCASE

50 INTEL MEDIA ACCELERATOR 950 GRAPHICS UP

50 UK - MODEM CABLE AND ADAPTER

50 EUROPE - INTEL PRO WLAN 3945 INTERNAL WI

50 EUROPEAN - BLUETOOTH WIRELESS NETWORK CA

50 UK/IRE (QWERTY) - INTERNAL KEYBOARD

50 SOFTWARE DRIVERS

50 ENGLISH - GENUINE WINDOWS XP HOME SP2

50 PC RESTORE RECOVERY SYSTEM BY SYMANTEC

50 ENGLISH - MICROSOFT WORKS 8.5

50 ENGLISH - ADOBE READER 7.0.8

50 NO DELL SUPPORT SOFTWARE

50 DELL MEDIA EXPERIENCE 3.0 BASIC- INSPIRO

50 ENGLISH - MCAFEE SECURITY CENTRE 15 MONT

50 BASE WARRANTY

50 1YR PARTS ONLY WARRANTY

50 FUTURISTIC ORDER FLAG SKU(N)

50 INSPIRON BUNDLE MOD

50 DIRECT SHIP CONSOLIDATION FEE

50 EX-WORKS

700 FLEXI FREIGHT CHARGE (ADJUST QTY TO ACHI

Edited by freeman

thanx guys looking for something with fast rendering...using photoshop, dreamweavr, 3dsmax...graphics intensive stuff, games and movies would be nice too.

If your using 3dsmax and playing recent games you'll want something with an Nvidia or ATI graphics chip. Don't buy one with integrated Intel graphics , they're dog slow for 3d.

what's all the enthusiasm for Dell laptops? Last I heard there was no service facility available in Thailand for Dell laptops and they had to be sent to Malaysia for this purpose.

oh, boo hoo...say it isn't so...I shelled out big time for an HP Pavillion as they got a service center in BKK and it ain't worth a shit...always wanted a Dell...

Yes, the service center is located in Malaysia. They will service the models available in Thailand locally, but for stuff that's not sold in Thailand, you'll need to wait (either for parts or for the notebook to be sent to Malaysia). Since the last time I looked, Dell Thailand has a *very* limited selection of models, you're not going to enjoy the service very much.

For your needs, you're going to need to some serious hardware, which means serious cash (unless you're willing to buy the (oh, the humanity!) cheaper brands like Acer). 2GB of RAM, a good fast harddrive, a *very* good graphics module, etc.

thanx for the specs, i take it you bought the laptop out of thailand?

is it possible to specify a power cord for another country when purchasing?

i gave specs for a 256mb accelerator, should e quick enough huh?

Yes I bought from out of thailand.

No. It is not possible to specify what kind of power cord you need when you are purchasing one. However, it all depends on where you buy it as each Dell provides extra accessories and adaptable cords depending on the country where you buy it.

In my opinion, forget about 256mb as it will make you get stuck sometimes. 512mb is optimum.

well, got a laptop on the way from the states, a toshiba satellite 105 series with 17" display, duo core 2 @2 mhz...2gigs ram 667fsb....256 video....but a slow 4200rpm 200gig hdd...go figure...how much are 7200 hdd going for in bangkok?

its a big laptop, more like a table top...ok?

ive found that most laptops come witha dual voltage power supply cord?

Most of the laptops do a reasonable job for what most of us use them for. I think the duo core and super fast processors are overkill. I think a fast hard drive and a gig of ram are much more important as far as how we use them. Photo manipulating and boot speed will be more obvious than most everything else. The biggest problem will be service if service is ever needed. Research the service first and make that a big part of your decision. Hopefully you will never need service but one never knows.