Painting Tarps/Drop Cloths

pgrahmm

I don't think I have ever seen them used in Thailand....Along with edgers, etc...

I'm guessing Thaiwatsado or global might be a logical choice over other places....

Anybody have a good source for these things?

We have some DIY stuff to get done....As much as I dislike painting it looks like it's on the list....

I looked for them about a year ago and never found any.  Even the cheap plastic ones that you typically get 3-4 in a bag were not to be found.  If they use anything around here, it's probably just old newspapers or whatever scraps they can find lying around.

Nick beat me to it.  I was going to suggest the same.  Of course, having a cloth that would absorb some of the drippings would be better, but the plastic tarps do the job.  They can be bought already cut in various sizes, as well as by the meter.

tarp.jpg

Yes one will not find drop cloths b/c they don't exist...Thais use that two tone blue sheets - the same ones they use to lay rice... 

If if you have any  extra used bed sheets use them as they will absorb drops and those plastic sheets don't....

Edited by cardinalblue

Actually Global USED to sell them a few years ago because I bought some. But the trouble with them they were so light and airy fairy they would never lay flat. you could fart and it would be out of the window.

I was in Chiangmai plastics just yesterday  looking at polythene and they sell just the job there.

The thin polythene is 80bt/metre but its 4m wide, so my reckoning, just a 3m cut off for 240bt will give you a big enough sheet to work with.

Be careful with the blue and white tarps; they are ok but they are not waterproof  as they are woven and they disintegrate very quickly; I think a similar price also.

Painted our bathroom last year. Bought some from Tesco Superhighway with tape attached to the plastic. Ideal for covering tile from aprox 2 metre off the floor. Cheap - think 80 baht. Have 2 options - cloth tape or plastic tape. Choose the cloth - worked good. Poly on the floor. Done

8 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

I went into fits when painters came to re decorate interior of my condo with no drop cloths. Not a drop spilled.

.....that was until they cleaned their brushes out.

and left the tap dripping

tap.jpg

flooded the place!