Boat questions reg registration

canardo

I am thinking of buying a second hand boat 6,16m long with outboard engine, nothing special, just to cruise around a bit, maybe some fishing around Ban Chang area. So, I have experience with motor cycles and car regarding Green / Blue Book etc, but no idea about boats yet:

The boat is offered without registration but with "papers from customs" - what do I need for such kind of boat? Registration for boat and engine like for a car / motorcycle, or at that size no need?

The trailer has no number plate, do I need a registration for this as well, and what would I need for this?

Sorry for those rookie questions, but appreciate any help on those...

Cheers,

Sven

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sven,

The Marine Department office is near Bali Hai, opposite the city marina. There they can register the boat for you, but beware it is a paperwork challenge.

My advice, is to use an agent. They know what you need, gather your paperwork and do,it for you. There is an office at Ocean Marina, called Buzzcats. They specialize is this, plus Customs importation and are a QBE marine insurance agent. Talk to Khun Run and she will do it for you. Well worth the fee you pay and will save you heaps of time and frustration. The office is right opposite the hotel, and next to the mini mart.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect