Banning Baby Bikers: Kids told not to drive motorcycles

webfact

Be interesting to see a breakdown of the stats, showing how many babies, toddlers and infants died as passengers.

It is commonplace here to see adults riding while holding babies in their arms, on their laps or perched on the pillion seat, looking over mum or dad's shoulder, or standing in the well of a machine. 

Needless to say, there is usually not a crash helmet in site.

In the event of an accident or emergency, these kids have little chance of surviving without serious injury.

The police, for understandable reasons, are pretty pragmatic about this kind of parental responsibility, but with such horrendous accident figures Thailand really can't afford to look the other way much longer.

The kid ends up as a human cannon ball!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend's ex is a teacher, one day she tells him the police are coming after school to talk about the law. So he says, You mean like stopping the children driving motor bikes to school? She gave him the look and said, "Don't be stupid, how do they get to school?"

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Mosha said:

A friend's ex is a teacher, one day she tells him the police are coming after school to talk about the law. So he says, You mean like stopping the children driving motor bikes to school? She gave him the look and said, "Don't be stupid, how do they get to school?"

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I wonder, how did the kids' parents go to school a couple of decades ago?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1-12-2016 at 6:55 AM, bandito said:

My daughter learnt to ride a motor bike at age 10. My son at 15 and is the only one, in our extended family, who has a license because of the frequented police checks. About my wife and me, the cops could'nt care less as we are very old people but still riding a motor bike. Never had a license in the 40 jrs I live here. 555, any comments?

Yes! I don't care if you kill yourself while riding or driving, as long as you do NOT hurt another human in your arrogant stupidity :bah:

17 hours ago, JulesMad said:

Yes! I don't care if you kill yourself while riding or driving, as long as you do NOT hurt another human in your arrogant stupidity :bah:

Never had a serious (I say serious) accident in 40+ years of driving a car or motorcycle in Thailand.

I can learn you a thing or two about driving in Thailand without making an accident.

About arrogant stupidity look at yourself, sucker. 

Never had a serious (I say serious) accident in 40+ years of driving a car or motorcycle in Thailand.
I can learn you a thing or two about driving in Thailand without making an accident.

Is that you causing an accident or being on the receiving end of an accident?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

4 hours ago, bandito said:

At least I am a sucker who has driving and riding licenses for all the countries I lived and worked. That means also I am insured for possible harm I might cause to others and myself as well.

Oh yeah, small detail.... I NEVER had any(!) accident in my 40+ years of riding cars, trucks and motorbikes. I can only hope that will continue......

Drive safely and beware of the innocent bystanders and fellow road-users!

3 hours ago, JulesMad said:

At least I am a sucker who has driving and riding licenses for all the countries I lived and worked. That means also I am insured for possible harm I might cause to others and myself as well.

Oh yeah, small detail.... I NEVER had any(!) accident in my 40+ years of riding cars, trucks and motorbikes. I can only hope that will continue......

Drive safely and beware of the innocent bystanders and fellow road-users!

You really are one of a kind.

You never had an accident? Probably riding a wheelchair or scootmobile.:cheesy:

I have a car drivers license since 1963, my country and 1976 Thai license.

I did a drivers test in both countries, you as a Thailand basher will probably find some wrong with that.

Scrapes and dents and fines are not serious.

Riding my motorcycle I never had an accident too.

Here's an interesting link about the most dangerous countries to drive a car,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/enthusiasts/top-20-most-dangerous-places-to-be-a-driver

You from one of these countries?

Talk about arrogancy and if you find it so dangerous here what're you doing here?

The way I read your stupid comments are there no accidents in the country you are from, why did you leave?

I'm done responding to you're arrogant comments.